F1 2013 Xbox 360 gamepad settings (PC Version)

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
hello everybody i have a little problem so i use my gamepadsetting from f1 2012 all working perfect
but i have a little problem that the throttle is too agressive or is that the game? it would be very nice if anybody have tipps or solutions for that :)

greetings Philipp

For F1 2012 I used:

Steering Deadzone: 9%
Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 100%
Throttle Deadzone: 15%
Throttle Saturation: 9%
Brake Deadzone: 15%
Brake Saturation: 4%

But for 2013, I now use the below but I am still tweaking it:

Steering Deadzone: 11%
Steering Linearity: 88%
Throttle Deadzone: 13%
Throttle Saturation: 8%
Brake Deadzone: 14%
Brake Saturation: 2%

For F1 2012 I used:

Steering Deadzone: 9%
Steering Linearity: 100%
Throttle Saturation: 9%
Brake Saturation: 4%

But for 2013, I now use the below but I am still tweaking it:

Steering Linearity: 88%
Brake Deadzone: 14%

Gavin have you issues with an too agressive throttle while playing without Traction-Control?

Gavin have you issues with an too agressive throttle while playing without Traction-Control?
Hey Philipp.

I must admit, it is alot more aggressive compared to F1 2012 but I use the right analog stick for throttle so I have alot more control. I use custom button mappings which I find keeps me competitive to the guys that have wheels.

At the moment, I play with medium TC but I am still refining my setup. Did a 50% race today were I did not use TC and I did not totally cook my tyres but I still have work to do.

Hope this helps.

Hey Philipp.

I must admit, it is alot more aggressive compared to F1 2012 but I use the right analog stick for throttle so I have alot more control. I use custom button mappings which I find keeps me competitive to the guys that have wheels.

At the moment, I play with medium TC but I am still refining my setup. Did a 50% race today were I did not use TC and I did not totally cook my tyres but I still have work to do.

Hope this helps.
okay thank you very much :)

Steering Deadzone: 14.0%
Steering Linearity: 44%

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the accelerator trigger? I ask Because I'm having trouble when I need small accelerations, pressing the trigger just a bit will make the car accelerate too much, so in wet weather it's very hard to control the car.

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the accelerator trigger? I ask Because I'm having trouble when I need small accelerations, pressing the trigger just a bit will make the car accelerate too much, so in wet weather it's very hard to control the car.
Yeah same here. Even with full traction control it is very hard to apply the throttle. It's like there is a huge dead zone and then full throttle almost.

Hullo everyone,
Any thoughts on how to stop the car turning in so sharply?
For example, in China at Turn 1, I can chuck in the car in, but simply slides out off the line because the steering is at full lock.

Now my main issue is that I've spent the last week trying every goddamn setting under the sun, and I get nowhere.

(Oversteer is not the issue - I've got the car maxed out on understeer so I should have plenty of turn in, but nope!)

Thanks in advance

Question: ...what does the follwoing mean when i change my xbox 360 pad setting ?
example steering linearity, with 100 % the car remains in the track ?
can reduce the slip here in the curves ?

thanks for help

Question: ...what does the follwoing mean when i change my xbox 360 pad setting ?
example steering linearity, with 100 % the car remains in the track ?
can reduce the slip here in the curves ?

thanks for help
Here is what helped me...

Steering Deadzone The percent of rotation where steering is ignored. The higher this value the more you can more your wheel without it moving your car

Steering Saturation How quickly your wheel responds to your movements

Steering Linearity The amount of turn of your wheel compared to the amount of wheel turn in game. 50% is a 1:1 mapping

Throttle Deadzone The percent of throttle that is ignored. The higher this value the more you can press on the throttle pedal without applying throttle in game

Throttle Saturation The sensitivity of the throttle pedal. Set to a lower value to reduce sensitivity. Helpful if you like to push your throttle down a long way when exiting corners, as a lower sensitivity will reduce wheelspin

Brake Deadzone The percent of brake that is ignored. The higher this value the more you can press on the brake pedal without applying the brake in game

Brake Saturation The sensitivity of the brake pedal. Set to a lower value to reduce sensitivity. Helpful if you're applying too much brake and frequently locking

Hey Philipp.

Hope this helps.

Oh yes, and here is my new settings after tweaking. I know play with no TC on.
Steering Linearity: 84%
Brake Deadzone: 12%

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years