F1 2013 Xbox 360 Gamepad Deadzones

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello, this is my first post on the forums here and I'd like to ask if there is any way I can change my deadzones in the triggers and analog sticks on the 360 version of F1 2013. I've been playing for a while now and I really think I could do so much better if I tweaked them to my liking.

If you have any suggestions, ideas, - anything - please, let me know.

I know nothing about Eggsboxes, but there is an important setting that PC users must set when using a Wheel or Controller, I would imaging that the importance is just as relevant on the XBox.

That is the 'Override Input Device Type" as shown in the picture below. It is showing the setting as 'wheel', but it should be set for 'controller' in your case. This can effect your steering sensitivity.

I know this isn't helping you with deadzones etc. .... But I thought it worth mentioning, as it may improve your steering.

f1_201306-10-201323-04-19-703_zpse0100b72.png~original

Cheers :)

I don't have that option there, sadly. I find that my throttle is good until about halfway down the compression, then it jumps drastically. Same with braking. My steering just feels like the sensitivity is too high... thanks for the advice, though, Graham!

No such option, sadly. The only way I know is to connect I wheel (any wheel really, including the Microsoft Wireless crap) and it would allow you to change deadzones and sensitivity and then the same settings would apply to the controller. If you have a friend with such that might do the trick for you.

To be honest, I had the same problem back when I played F1 2012 but although not perfect you can adapt to the default settings and improve gradually.

No such option, sadly. The only way I know is to connect I wheel (any wheel really, including the Microsoft Wireless crap) and it would allow you to change deadzones and sensitivity and then the same settings would apply to the controller. If you have a friend with such that might do the trick for you.

To be honest, I had the same problem back when I played F1 2012 but although not perfect you can adapt to the default settings and improve gradually.
Do the settings really apply to the controller as well? I have a wheel, it's just absolute garbage and broken (I got it from a friend a few weeks ago to just try it out).

I have also heard that this will work, but have not tried it myself. I use the MS wireless "crap" wheel, but it works great for me :D
Well I plugged the wheel in and set the "Custom" config deadzones to ones I've found on the web, and when I go to restart the game and use the same config on a controller it seems to work (as in the deadzones are applied to the gamepad). However, the left analog stick leans to the left with no resistance so I think I'll need to increase the deadzone slightly.

Current settings are as follows:
Steering deadzone: 11.00%
Steering saturation: 0%
Steering linearity: 84%
Throttle deadzone: 13%
Throttle saturation: 8%
Brake deadzone: 12%
Brake saturation: 2%

I'd also like to have it so that the throttle engages slightly sooner and with a wider response area for a bit smoother throttle application. Same with brakes, but I'd like to set them to the same so it is more consistent on both triggers.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions please input them! :)

Good news: it works. My theory was correct, and I think a new gamepad may be in order. It seems so easy to turn left but it takes some effort to move right, which is throwing me off a bit. Until I get the Ferrari GPX Lightback I've been wanting I'll have to deal with it, though.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any other good 360 gamepads I can buy that will work well with the game and hold up to the abuse? The one I mentioned above looks nice and I've heard good reviews about it, but I'd like to be sure of it if I can be.

Oh and here are the new settings (in the same order):
20%
0%
85%
10%
5%
10%
5%

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year