F1 2011 XBOX 360 F12011 Mini Series - Sa Paulo (Brazil) - 4th of August 2013

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Steve Lambert

I hate not getting pole
Sign up now to take part in our F12011 mini series. Please sign up only if you know you can make the race. Please note: Licensed members only please. The F12011 mini series draws to a close with our very last track of the series. Being 100% it's sure to be a thriller. Can anyone stop Martin. Can Steve actually finish a race without crashing. Can David power through for a win. Can Mark carry forward his recent qually form and get a win. Can Benny wipe the floor with us all and win the season finale. Sign up now and be part of it.

xb35u4m.jpg

Sunday 4th August 2013 - Lobby opens 7:15GMT, race start 7:30pm GMT
Sao Paulo – Brazil
Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
Lap Distance: 2.7 miles
Tyre Wear: 2/3
Downforce: 2/3
Break Wear: 2/3
Track Time: 1:18.000
Official Name: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace

Race Distance: 100%
Weather: Dynamic
Rules: Full
Cars: Equal
Qualification + Race
Format: XBOX 360
Assists: ABS Banned, Racing Line Banned
Full RD rules apply
AI Legend will be used to fill the grid
Host: Bennyherbs

David O'Reilly/FigjamRACER/HRT
Hoping to find some pace on a bit of a bogey track for me.
I love it and the weather and the fuel use issue often seems to make it interesting but I have yet to do well vs human drivers.*
Nice intro Steve, I reckon with Marks ongoing improvement in form and yours and Bennys pace its anyone to join Mr Ott on the Podium. I cant se myself beating him unless its Webber v Vettel and he gets low oil level in the gearbox.

*I even lost out here in the seasons standings against an inferior driver in the first 2011 full season due to a bad tyre call.

Lets see if he bites!

I'll just copy&paste my old setup. Don't think there's any need to change it.

Wings: 9/11

Brakes:
- Balance: 46/54
- Pressure: High
- Size: Small

ARBs: 11/11
Ride Height: 1/1
Springs: 9/6

Gears (McLaren GPMode):

Camber: -3.5/-1.5
Toe: 0.09/0.32

Just had a bit of practice around here and managed 1:07:770 in GP no assists. I remember my fasted time here was a 1:07:110 in GP2 with TCS and Auto gears. Not so sure that the online mode will be that faster but it should be a thriller....

guys looking forward to this 100% odyssey
My downchange lever is playing up (after less than 400,000 downchanges it shouldnt happen!).
So my braking zones may be a bit hap hazard. I have to pull on the very lowest part of the lever or it oesnt down shift. I could go Auto but it just feels wrong!
Ill practice now and see.
See you there.

Thanka all , always liked Brazil! :)
Some great battles there, tricky in them wet conditions!
I thought I pitted too early to Inters, with Martin ahead I thought I had too. Towards the end I saw a few of go on too dry tyres.
I didn't go on options till lap 68/69 and still then it was tricky.

Thanks Steve I have really enjoyed this series :)
1st place at Monaco & Brazil great stuff :)

Well done Benny. You did exactly what i thought you would. I think you, martin and David lapped me three times. But now that the mini series is over I think it leave the door open for some 100% specials in the coming weeks. Monaco being one of them. Maybe some 100% wet etc. Let's see what happens.

Yes Guys ended with a classic epic or Epic Classic race.
Martin sat out Quali to have some more sport racing through the pesky AI.
I managed a front row in P2 with Steve on pole. Mark on row 2.
Jumped Steve at the start but he made a well judged inside move in T4 and I kept it calm and patient. The full fuel tanks were taking their tol;l and Steve was possibly still in his "quali lap" mode. He had a tank slapper in sector 2 (exit of T5 I think) and I was through.
Over the nect 14 laps I built an 8 sec lead to Mark T and was feeling pretty damn good. I did look more than once at the mini map to try and guess which yellow dot was Martin scything his wayb through the pack. His fastest laps from around lap 10 showed he was in clear air and on the pace.
I pitted at lap 14 for inters and rejoined in P8 and thats when the problerms started. The AI tend to run a bit longer on dry tyres and Schumacher made a rude move into T1 and got me a drive through penalty.
Rejoined and was making up ground and Massa punted me off and cost me a front wing.
Then it was a blur of approx 25 laps on full wets. I chased Bennt hard but could make no inroads. I figured " I'll deal with him once it dries out!"

I was in P3. The engineer said "improving weather in 15 mins.
The weather duly improved. Received wisdom said inters. With +18 sec it was time to gamble. I stayed on Wets to see if I could drop a stop and go straight to options.

Benny and Martin both rejoined just ahead of me on inters. It was going to be a race.
It was an intruiging few laps as the crossover from wet to inters conditions played out really slowly. It was lap 51 and I definitetly had the upper hand for a few laps and saw Benny and Martin sliding around. I got the pass done. It was great that 55 aps in and the top 3 were seprated by a few seconds.Then Benny came back at me at T1.I made an error of judgement and decided to allow him the inside thinking I would follow and watch for a while. Benny appeared to misjudge the corner or my need for space and I was hit and spun a bit like Hulkenberg on Hamilton last year.
I rejoined the chase but they were gone. I was then spun by AI and my front spoiler wqas gone and it forced my hand on a stop. The drying line was visible but I should have taken more notice of tyre temps.

I still had P3.
Took options and it was about a 2 min:30 lap. Back to pits for inters again!
Now Mark T and I were racing for the final podium spot.

We had a great fight. I ever so slowly caoght him and he defended like a veteran into T4. For some reason he had great accelleration into sector 3 up the hill so it was only T4 where I had my chances.
He was on a great line and had good pace.
Next lap I made a bluffing move up the inside into T4 and then fell back behind him. he over cooked it a little runnig ever so slightly wide and it gave me the pass.

The I took options and Mark had P3.

CONGRATS TO BENNY on his win.
Martin on superb clean racing as always.
Its been excellent to race with you. guys for no other reason than the sheer joy of great racing.
I prob have to send my wheel to Germany for repairs so will advise of plans.
Cheers Steve.
I'm up for more.

Thanks and out.

I got a new wheel back from Fanatec last week, I didn't know this was on:(
Cool result Gavin, what heppened to your wheel. I have downshift issues, the lever has developed a bit of play/wear and I need to use the bottom of it to register a shift.

This mini series is complete but we had fun and found an upcomingtalent in Mark plus saw Benny hit top form and Steve threaten race wins and go to no assists.
I think the plan is to have some more on selected tracks.

Cool result Gavin, what heppened to your wheel. I have downshift issues, the lever has developed a bit of play/wear and I need to use the bottom of it to register a shift.

This mini series is complete but we had fun and found an upcomingtalent in Mark plus saw Benny hit top form and Steve threaten race wins and go to no assists.
I think the plan is to have some more on selected tracks.

Not sure of the problem exactly only the wheel developed a turning problem. Instead of being smooth turn it only turned in small jagged intervals. I sent them a video and they agreed it needed to be replaced. I was surprised as I thought it was out of warrenty and would only be repaired. I think we got our wheels around the same time. Maybe it was cheaper and less hassle for them to send a new one. How did you solve your xbox problem?

Don't recall there being Abu Dhabi 100%?:D

Not sure of the problem exactly only the wheel developed a turning problem. Instead of being smooth turn it only turned in small jagged intervals. I sent them a video and they agreed it needed to be replaced. I was surprised as I thought it was out of warrenty and would only be repaired. I think we got our wheels around the same time. Maybe it was cheaper and less hassle for them to send a new one. How did you solve your xbox problem?

Don't recall there being Abu Dhabi 100%?:D
I checked and its a 2 year warranty. I bought mine in Jan last year so still 5 months or so.

I pulle my xbox apart. cleaned and re seated the heat sinks onto the CPU and GPU with thermal paste, cleaned it all of dust and blow dried it all with a hair dryer. Back to 100%.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back