F1 2011 XBOX 360 F12011 Mini Series - Nurburgring - 23rd of June 2013

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Steve Lambert

I hate not getting pole
Sign up now to take part in our F12011 mini series. Please sign up only if you know you can make the race. Please note: Licensed members only please.

nurgurgring_f1_girls.jpg

Please state Name / Gamer Tag / Chassis

7:15pm GMT In the lobby, Race starts at 7:30pm

Race Distance: 75%
Weather: Dynamic
Rules: Full
Cars: Equal
Qualification + Race
Format: XBOX 360
Assists: ABS Banned, Racing Line Banned
Full RD rules apply
AI Legend will be used to fill the grid
Host: Bennyherbs

Nurburgring – Germany
Nurburgring Circuit
Lap Distance: 3.2 miles
Tyre Wear: 3/3
Downforce: 3/3
Break Wear: 2/3
Track Time: 1:47.000
City: Nurburgring
Official Name: Nurburgring Circuit

Well in many ways a very exciting, unpredictable and engrossing race.
Quali P3, it was one of those sessions where it gets a tiny bit faster at the end and I had .4 sec purple at end sector 2 but came across Buemi at the chicane, took the wrong side and it was over.

Start:
Got a reasonable drive and was side by side with Jeffery K into T3, got the inside and emerged in P2 which felt nice. From there I was able to set my watch by Martins lap times -1.5 sec per lap every lap. That was some pace.

Race
Gavin was gaining well and from a gap of 8 sec or so whittled it down to about 1 sec Then my cunning plan to maximise options tyre performance by pitting at lap 11 (since I had decided that it would rain at lap 22) kicked in . However Gavin followed me into pit lane. His Sauber team were faster than the HRT work experience kids and he left the pits ahead of me, hell of an overtake really!
Jeffery passed us both as we pitted and I was now P4.

It didnt rain till lap 27 and my 16 lap old options were getting tired. Gavin stopped very early for inters (3 laps b4 me) and once on inters the tables turned a little and I seemed to have a slight edge on pace. Once @ +1 sec I Upped the mix b4 the hairpin to go for the big move however spun right there.
That was that or so I thought, Gavin punctured and Jeff seemed to have a disonnect gifting me P2.

Mark Torres was on my tail with a gap of 4 sec which he was closing down, so impressive stuff from the guy that wasnt sure if he should race. Well done. He dropped back with some spins after that.

I only had to deal with lapped AI and no real issues after a warning by Gav re Glock.

So it had it all
Wet quali, Safety Car, creative strategies new faces finding form and old faces dropping assists Well done Steve.
See you at the next one I hope.

In a dry race on this track, what would my lap times have to be in order to only have to pit twice? If two times is not possible, what about three? I ask because it's easier for me to slow down and preserve my tires than it is to push my hardest and spin out every lap. Would slowing down this much negate the time saved from pitting? If so, what's the ideal lap time and amount of pit stops? I could do a 1:29 if I pushed hard, but I'd be spinning out every other lap doing it. In GP mode, I could comfortably do a 1:34 at the beginning of the race, and a 1:31 at the end. Is that too slow?

In a dry race on this track, what would my lap times have to be in order to only have to pit twice? If two times is not possible, what about three? I ask because it's easier for me to slow down and preserve my tires than it is to push my hardest and spin out every lap. Would slowing down this much negate the time saved from pitting? If so, what's the ideal lap time and amount of pit stops? I could do a 1:29 if I pushed hard, but I'd be spinning out every other lap doing it. In GP mode, I could comfortably do a 1:34 at the beginning of the race, and a 1:31 at the end. Is that too slow?
Mark driving style doesnt affect tyre wear in this game so you cant save your tyres. (RFactor 2 is another story th etyre remembers every load laced on it)
So you need to go as fast as possible without spinning. Throttle control in exit is the key in my view.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back