F1 2011 XBOX 360 F12011 Mini Series - Nurburgring - 23rd of June 2013

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Steve Lambert

I hate not getting pole
Sign up now to take part in our F12011 mini series. Please sign up only if you know you can make the race. Please note: Licensed members only please.

nurgurgring_f1_girls.jpg

Please state Name / Gamer Tag / Chassis

7:15pm GMT In the lobby, Race starts at 7:30pm

Race Distance: 75%
Weather: Dynamic
Rules: Full
Cars: Equal
Qualification + Race
Format: XBOX 360
Assists: ABS Banned, Racing Line Banned
Full RD rules apply
AI Legend will be used to fill the grid
Host: Bennyherbs

Nurburgring – Germany
Nurburgring Circuit
Lap Distance: 3.2 miles
Tyre Wear: 3/3
Downforce: 3/3
Break Wear: 2/3
Track Time: 1:47.000
City: Nurburgring
Official Name: Nurburgring Circuit

Well, I ain't got into the 1:23's but I can get into the 1:24's easily. But that was with TCS and auto gears. I lose a lot of time going up the shumacher S because auto will not shift down. I would say half a second lost there. I will have a practice later and report on what I am getting no assists. By the way guys my son told me he removed all my friends on xbox. So I will send new requests so just accepts etc.. Little bugger

Well, I ain't got into the 1:23's but I can get into the 1:24's easily. But that was with TCS and auto gears. I lose a lot of time going up the shumacher S because auto will not shift down. I would say half a second lost there. I will have a practice later and report on what I am getting no assists. By the way guys my son told me he removed all my friends on xbox. So I will send new requests so just accepts etc.. Little bugger
Steve TCS may be lulling you into a false sense of security through Schumacher esses. No way you can use DRS through there au naturel in my view.
BTW why do we allow TCS again I cant recall?

Did you try martin's setup? I wouldn't even do TT for practice, I do free practice session in GP mode.

It had to do with the fact that I haven't played this game since the last race from here, and the racing games I have been playing have much less responsive handling.

Mark wet TT is very good practice too for dry racing. Helps you get your line spot on.

I have a very hard time staying on the racing line even in the dry because I use a controller. My thumbs can't make fine adjustments to my steering with it.

I have just played everything with a comtroller and learnd the fine control with it.
But usually if you've learned it once you need just 20 laps to re-learn it.

The deadzone and sesitivity in F1 2011 is spot on luckily (not like in 2012), since you can't change it. I've re-mapped a couple of keys, like KERS to LB, so I can use by left index finger that I don't need for braking, for KERS. But that's just details.

Nurby is just a hard track to keep a consistent line. I've got my problems with the hairpin and the two corners before it, too.

I just use a madcatz wheel. Same as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Madcatz-W...K_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item3a824f41f0

Got mine of ebay for £60 pounds or something like that. It's nice for F1201 but not for F12012. Me and the brother in law built this little jig for the pedals so I just sit on my comfy bed in front of the big TV just like a real F1 driver in the cockpit. The wheel just sits on my lap.

564703_4316478349472_699846284_n.jpg

557168_4316471269295_239381409_n.jpg

I ran a practice race in the RedBull (Webbers car).
Was leading with 12 laps to go and defending the inside at the end of the DRS zone from Vettel.
He made a big move up the outside and I lost sight of the braking marker. Broken front wing and a pit stop and P7. No point in bringing it up with Horner though, no point at all.

Are you guys against me racing and using TCS? My fastest in GP with it on was 1:26.1. If not, I understand.

I just use a madcatz wheel. Same as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Madcatz-W...K_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item3a824f41f0

Got mine of ebay for £60 pounds or something like that. It's nice for F1201 but not for F12012. Me and the brother in law built this little jig for the pedals so I just sit on my comfy bed in front of the big TV just like a real F1 driver in the cockpit. The wheel just sits on my lap.

Okay. Thanks.

Race Report:

Had a half decent qually, was up 600's going into the final chicane and spun but was happy with 4th. Then the race. Good start, then the AI over powerd me into the first corner and Alonso I think span and I hit him and got a drive through. Then it was just batteling with the AI and a few battles with Mark along the way. The AI were quite aggressive so knew it would be a tough one for me but I think I came in 6th in the end. But not bad considering no assists etc so can't complain about it. Martins pace was electric and have no idea how he does it with a controller. Well done on the Win. Now it's time to relax with the lady and chill... cheers guys. I knew this Mini series would still have it's appeal and thanks for all those that made it. Felt sorry about Carlos. Was looking forward to beating the Brazilian master. Really strange that you can only connect with Benny. :(

Next race in two weeks time guys... :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back