F1 2011 XBOX 360 F12011 Mini Series - Montreal - 12th of May 2013

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Steve Lambert

I hate not getting pole
Sign up now to take part in our F12011 mini series. Please sign up only if you know you can make the race. Please note: Licensed members only please.

montreal.jpg

Please state Name / Gamer Tag / Chassis

Race Distance: 75%
Weather: Dynamic
Rules: Full
Cars: Equal
Qualification + Race
Format: XBOX 360
Assists: ABS Banned, Racing Line Banned
Full RD rules apply
AI Legend will be used to fill the grid
Host: Bennyherbs

Sunday 12th May 2013 - Lobby opens 7:15GMT, race start 7:30pm GMT
Montreal – Canada
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Lap Distance: 2.7 miles
Tyre Wear: 2/3
Downforce: 2/3
Break Wear: 2/3
Track Time: 1:22.000
City: Montreal
Official Name: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Damn. I'm screwed then. I'm not used to driving without traction control. Maybe if I didn't have to use my controller it would be a bit easier. I've never used a wheel so I don't know. My fastest on option tyres without traction control was only 1:12.

I wouldn't worry too much to be honest. I have not raced here for ages and have not even started practice yet. There is one guy that we need to look out for though. Mr Ott. The bastard has creamed me the last few races so it's going to be tricky keeping up with him.

By the way Mark, please note that the race lobby opens 19:15 GMT. You are from Chicago right? So you are 6 hours behind us in the UK.

I wouldn't worry too much to be honest. I have not raced here for ages and have not even started practice yet. There is one guy that we need to look out for though. Mr Ott. The bastard has creamed me the last few races so it's going to be tricky keeping up with him.

By the way Mark, please note that the race lobby opens 19:15 GMT. You are from Chicago right? So you are 6 hours behind us in the UK.

One question though. This is one of the tracks where you can go four wheels off without an in-game warning. The rules here state that you can go no more than two wheels off, but I've seen a few RD videos on Youtube on this track and others where they go four wheels off. So is it only corner cutting if the game says so, or if you go two wheels off, even without an in-game penalty?

Okay.

One question though. This is one of the tracks where you can go four wheels off without an in-game warning. The rules here state that you can go no more than two wheels off, but I've seen a few RD videos on Youtube on this track and others where they go four wheels off. So is it only corner cutting if the game says so, or if you go two wheels off, even without an in-game penalty?

Okay.

It's one of the worst tracks for not spotting corner cutting. So we have to trust each other here. We all race fair so there should be no issue.

I came here, expecting to be a littly rusty off the line but with still the speed to easily win it.
Boy was I wrong. :)

Only qualied fourth on primes.
Still in 4th after the start and suddenly Steve spins out of T4.
Up to 3rd and still easily onto the back of David and Gav who were fighting.
David on options made it past Gavin eventually and I decided to just keep behind them, just to have some fun. I knew I was faster than both of them at this point.

I pitted earlier and undercut Gav. After David's stop I was first with enough of a gap to feel save.

Then, out of nowhere came the safety car.
Gav and I pitted for options, ran behind the SC for two laps and off we go.
To my surprise, Gavin was challenging me from there on out.

We traded places every lap, I got through out of T7, he got me back under DRS.
After a long time back and forth I looked at the laps: 39/53, 14 laps to go.
My tires weren't really badly worn, but options would last longer than 14 laps, too.

Pit pit pit next lap, onto options and undercut Gavin again to gain 2 secs.
Pushed all out on mix 3 for 2 laps to widen the gap to 5 secs while he was fighting David.

The gap was stable from there on.
I saved a little fuel during the final few laps and that was it.
Exept Gav somehow made up 2+ seconds on the last lap and we ran across the line only 0.7s apart.

This went from "Ah, let's look at these two fighting for now." to "Oh my gosh, I need to go all out now!" in the matter of seconds/one safety car.

(Sorry for the long report, but I didn't have such an exciting race since Brazil in the league!)

Well done guys, I had a to do with Schusmasher at the chicane and he pushed me into the wall of death. Qualifying was a bit of a struggle and was surprised to find it was more difficult to get a decent lap in even worse than Monaco. Many times I was on a cracking lap only to come up against AI going into crucial corners. But it was still fun though. Was a bit disappointed to go out so early in the race but that's racing. :)

Well I must say that was a truly enjoyable race.
I was momentarily thrilled to be on the front row with Steve and was remarking on the 4 drivers within .250 sec until Gavin blew us all away by .700.
So it was second row.
Hard fight in the opening laps, I hope I managed to keep it fair. Let me know if not.
Then after a while I noticed Gavin was on primes!!! Double whammy he beats me in quali AND does it on primes. I now had real pressure to use the options.
Steve sadly had an early spin so Martin, Gavin and I were in a battle.

At lap 14 and still in P1 I was happy and confess to thinking that "this is the first time I have held off Martin Ott for 14 laps"
I had a tiny gap and Martin and Gavin seemed to be in a battle.
I needed to get long stint out of the options to make a 2 stop work well so waited till the tyres started to go away at lap 16 and pitted for the first of 2 planned prime stints.
Gavin and Martin both on primes still clearly had an edge but my strategy changed when at lap 27 we had a SC. Quick mental arithmetic 26 laps was too long for primes so 2 sets of options it is! Gavin and Martin did the same. This got me closer than I would have otherwise been on my primes vs their options.
We stopped Martin then me then Gavin who exited the pits behind me. I fought for position but the writing was on the wall and all I managed to do was help Martins cushion as he writes above.
Gav was through and chasing Martin.

Had an exiting battle with Buckshot Bob for about a lap .... but did wonder why we were battling when I was in P3 and lapping him? No harm done as my result was not affected but maybe look out for the blue flags and allow a clean pass if possible.
P3 was mine after an exciting race where I had the pleasure of leading until my 1st stop.

Great to welcome new racer Mark Torres to the grid. Well done for dropping assists and finishing the race. The speed will come, the top 3-4 guys have about 400 hours up on this game.
Steve, your win will come mate! You non assisted pace is getting very fast.
Great to see n in-form Gavin with his eye in and flying!
Great to see the RD Xbox WDC Martin Ott on track.

Nice that we can get 6 drivers on the grid for a casual race.
A couple more and we will be rocking. Where is Dylan Hember and Peter Hooper and other great drivers. get in there guys

Man that was fun.
When are we doing Monaco again???

I've never seen the AI so aggressive. I got slammed off once into the wall by one and completely lost my wing and had to pit. Who pissed them off? ;)

In the future, any chance that we could have traction control on and AI off? I would actually be able to compete :p . As for the AI, they just block everyone's path in qualifying. If there were three sessions for qualifying, they wouldn't have an effect, but there's only one fifteen minute session. My fastest lap was in the race on primes because two laps in a row during qualifying several bots held me up.

Well yes, AI can get on your nerves, but we're only 6 people, the race can be pretty boring without them.

Had an exiting battle with Buckshot Bob for about a lap .... but did wonder why we were battling when I was in P3 and lapping him? No harm done as my result was not affected but maybe look out for the blue flags and allow a clean pass if possible.
P3 was mine after an exciting race where I had the pleasure of leading until my 1st stop.

I had the same issue with him. too. I know it's boring to fight against the AI, but you have to respect the leaders have their own battle going.

Well I must say that was a truly enjoyable race.
I was momentarily thrilled to be on the front row with Steve and was remarking on the 4 drivers within .250 sec until Gavin blew us all away by .700.
So it was second row.
Hard fight in the opening laps, I hope I managed to keep it fair. Let me know if not.
Then after a while I noticed Gavin was on primes!!! Double whammy he beats me in quali AND does it on primes. I now had real pressure to use the options.
Steve sadly had an early spin so Martin, Gavin and I were in a battle.

At lap 14 and still in P1 I was happy and confess to thinking that "this is the first time I have held off Martin Ott for 14 laps"
I had a tiny gap and Martin and Gavin seemed to be in a battle.
I needed to get long stint out of the options to make a 2 stop work well so waited till the tyres started to go away at lap 16 and pitted for the first of 2 planned prime stints.
Gavin and Martin both on primes still clearly had an edge but my strategy changed when at lap 27 we had a SC. Quick mental arithmetic 26 laps was too long for primes so 2 sets of options it is! Gavin and Martin did the same. This got me closer than I would have otherwise been on my primes vs their options.
We stopped Martin then me then Gavin who exited the pits behind me. I fought for position but the writing was on the wall and all I managed to do was help Martins cushion as he writes above.
Gav was through and chasing Martin.

Great to welcome new racer Mark Torres to the grid. Well done for dropping assists and finishing the race. The speed will come, the top 3-4 guys have about 400 hours up on this game.
Steve, your win will come mate! You non assisted pace is getting very fast.
Great to see n in-form Gavin with his eye in and flying!
Great to see the RD Xbox WDC Martin Ott on track.

Nice that we can get 6 drivers on the grid for a casual race.
A couple more and we will be rocking. Where is Dylan Hember and Peter Hooper and other great drivers. get in there guys

Man that was fun.
When are we doing Monaco again???
Good to hear ear from you David, haven't been subscribing to these race threads so forgot about them to be honest :redface:. Sounds like you had some fun which is good to hear. Family health issues have kept me very busy for the past 6 months and I have only had the time (barely) for 2012. Things have changed somewhat now and I should soon have a bit more free time in the evenings so I may dip into the next one of these and remind myself what 2011 was all about.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 305 13.0%