xbox 360 controller setup/settings for GSCE

Hello,
normally i'm using my logitech driving force gt to play this game and it is really great. but sometimes i just want to sit on the sofa with my laptop and want to play this game. for this reason i have my xbox 360 controller.

unfortunately i have some trouble keeping my car on the track with the default settings for this controller. of course i know that i never get the handling i have with a wheel but maybe there are some better setups for this controller than the default one.

i would really appreciate it, If someone with good settings for the xbox 360 controller could post it here.

regards

First of, one important thing to keep in mind is that the "Sensitivity" setting is displayed as "0-100%", but in reality it's "-1 to 1", meaning 50%, not 0%, gives linear input. Took me way to long to realize that and it made the throttle really twitchy.

As for settings, I am currently driving with:

Speed Sensitivity: 80%
Deadzone at 0%
Sensitivity for gas/brake triggers at 50%
Steering sensitivity at 15%

As for Assists, "Auto Clutch" is on and depending on the car I might also enable Abs and Traction control on Low, all others are off.

I am also using a homebrew stick extender, that helps to give a little more range on the analogstick.

Rumble doesn't work with the Xbox360 controller (or at least not with the default drivers, haven't tried Homebrew ones).

thanks for this @grumbel. Just had the need for these, as I only have a 360 controller for my older PC, primarily used by my kid. What steering degrees do you set in Profiler, same as with a wheel (i.e. depending on the car driven)?

Hey @stash, have you settled in a good setup for your 360?

Hey @stash, have you settled in a good setup for your 360?

hi,
there is for sure a lot of improvement but i use the following for the moment.

speed sensitivity: 100%
deadzone: everything 0%
sensitivity: X AXIS: 0%, RX AXIS: 0%
the rest is the default "xbox360 gamepad" configuration from Reiza.

don't forget to adjust the assists (traction control, abs, ...) to your needs. i drove only formula extreme in 1.20, so i don't know if the setup is working for other racing series as well.

hi,
there is for sure a lot of improvement but i use the following for the moment.

speed sensitivity: 100%
deadzone: everything 0%
sensitivity: X AXIS: 0%, RX AXIS: 0%
the rest is the default "xbox360 gamepad" configuration from Reiza.

don't forget to adjust the assists (traction control, abs, ...) to your needs. i drove only formula extreme in 1.20, so i don't know if the setup is working for other racing series as well.

Thanks. Though the setup grumble suggested seems to work good, I'll give this a try.

I have no 360 pad, but i also like to drive from my sofa and i recommend the run'n'drive pad, with analog throttle/break shoulder buttons and this ingenious little steering wheel. U can drive much, much better with this, than (for me) this horrible stick controls.

My settings for this pad (7 axis mode):
Speed sensitivity: 96%
Steering sens. / S0 Axis: 30%
Steer. death Zone / S0 Axis: 3%
Rest by default.

Works great for a pad.
There are not many to buy unfortunately.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing