Xbox 360 Controller Settings 2016/2017

Sometimes when i can not be arsed to set up the wheel and wheelstand pro i just wanna kick back with a gamepad and play!
So after weeks of tweaking and frustration i finally have something i am happy with and hopefully you can too..

This guide is by no means from a "pros" perspective, this is simply a base to start without the absolute dogs*** default xbox settings Rfactor 2 gives you.
89EC575D7F2D36AD3BB151171EF866177957FD6D

Just copy what i have laid out here:

• Steering Rate : 5%
    • Speed Sensitivity : 85%
    • Steering Sensitivity : 0%
    • Steering Deadzone : 0%
The rest of the settings are all subjective to you personally. And of course this is a proper simulator so you still need to apply the same laws of subtle inputs with regards to your analog sticks.

The key configuration is entirely up to you and you can map these how you like.

This guide is purely to help you with a more controllable steering setup for your game and hopefully not rage quit after the first corner.. :)

Personally I don't like controller settings with such low sensitivity settings. After lots of testing I set my rF2 Xbox 360 controller settings to:
Steering rate: 50%
Speed sensitivity: 50%
Steering wheel range: 360 deg
Steering sensitivity: 50%
Steering deadzone: 20%
I'm a fairly smooth driver so those settings work well for me.

I would agree to the first post but i would change the steering range. If you keep it default you are still going to overheat the tyres like mad and you will be on a disadvantage especially at endurance events. And yes, it works the same for xbone controller also.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%