Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Improved AI from Yorkie playing latest build:
Published on Feb 25, 2015
A 6 lap sprint race against the new and improved AI. They're a lot better than previously in avoiding other cars, giving the player room and avoiding making contact, but still wanting to battle for positions. Some of that, shown in this pure sound gameplay. AI Difficulty at 93%

Project Cars is still under development. Any gameplay is not representational of the final product.
Build version: 940
Project Cars website: http://www.wmdportal.com/

I was looking through the pCARS track list and car list and wondering 1. which track and cars will actually make it and 2. what kinds of leagues will likely be feasible on the xbox, given the reality of it.

I noticed DTM there are only about 2-3 tracks and one car from the actual series. WEC is better, but those races are pretty long (if we want to keep it real). The league that's closest to being represented fully is British Touring Car. Plus, about 2/3rds of the tracks are there. Many are of the laser scanned variety. So, knowing many of you have expressed interest in BTCC, I thought it might be fun to run something along with the schedule (or not, as preferences may dictate). Then I got to thinking, what tracks that are not in pCARS best represent the actual schedule, and here is what I came up with:

Actual Track and Date / Project Cars Track
Donnington 3/24 / Donnington
Brands Hatch Indy 4/5 / Brands Hatch Indy
Donnington 4/19 / Donnington
Thruxton 5/10 / Jin Ding
Oulton Park 6/7 / Oulton Park
Croft 6/28 / Cadwell
Snetterton 7/9 / Snetterton
Knock Hill 7/23 / Monza Short
Rockingham 9/6 / Le Circuit Bugatti
Silverstone Intl. 9/27 / Silverstone Intl.
Brands Hatch GP 10/11 / Brands hatch GP

Any thoughts?

Another video from muti-series Champ Rene Rast having some fun at the Green Hell on Project Cars. In his words:
"Had some fun laps with an old DTM Car Car on the Nordschleife.
Used H-Pattern Gearbox and manual blip, good fun till I crashed the car :D"

Preliminary talks with NewEgg and Thustmaster regarding some sort of sponsorship agreement (we broadcast on Twitter, maybe a slick website and stick the logo on the broadcast (which, in pCARS, can be observed by a third party, like a T.V. announcer, I think) in exchange for some discounts, merchandise, or credits.

"Regarding your request for sponsorship and the like, I will forward it to our marketing team for consideration.

If you have any further questions or concerns on this matter please contact me.

Kind Regards,
Eugene Wong
Newegg.com"

[QUOT="Robert Waddell, post: 1051, member: 140186"]Another video from muti-series Champ Rene Rast having some fun at the Green Hell on Project Cars. In his words:
[/QUOTE]
Hey robert Is that helmut cam ..? And Is there a regular cockpit view?

[QUOT="Robert Waddell, post: 1051, member: 140186"]Another video from muti-series Champ Rene Rast having some fun at the Green Hell on Project Cars. In his words:
Hey robert Is that helmut cam ..? And Is there a regular cockpit view?[/QUOTE]

No that's cockpit looks to me, with three screens. He's got the "look to apex" on pretty high, but both look to apex adjustments are available in both views, as sliders. In helmet cam, it's more violent and more pronounced in the look, I believe, like Shift2, but you can dial it back with either. I have seen videos all ways. Take a look around.

pCARS vs. Assetto Corsa
Published on Mar 14, 2015
Cockpit cam, both on default setups, ABS and TC Off with Manual gears, side by side with both clips synced to cross Project Cars' start line at the same time. Lets see the difference between AC's laser scanned track compared to that of PCars which is not laser scanned.

Last edited:
Thats cool ..dont have the kinect atm but since it does it for u no need..or would u recommend getting one.a kinect I mean.

I would not. From what I have read, you can both adjust the look to apex in helmet cam and cockpit cam. Further, you can adjust the position of the seat. The former will surely be on the console in some form, but maybe not the latter, which doesn't matter to me.

Preview of the three Formula Tiers and how they are set up (in Career I presume). Interesting and encouraging that they follow the actual series format to the letter.

Formula C:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years