AC X-Bow GT4 @ Nurburgring GP (GT) - Weds 14th Oct 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hmm, I'm getting 13 laps - one of us is doing something wrong :) (25 minutes, just a teensy bit under 2 minutes per lap.) And I am expecting 35 or 36 litres to do it.
Yeah, me too. Very much hoping that the default is pretty close to optimal!
Nope, but happily the blue colour that AC shows when the tyres are a bit below the optimal window is really pessimistic (i.e. the tyres aren't necessarily losing that much grip).
I just checked my fuel figs, and embarrassingly, I f***ed them up... oops:redface: Thanks for spotting it Neil!:)

Great racing guys was very competitive. I spun in 1st race at the Shumy Ss, but had a great battle with Graham and Sandro.
2nd race was better and was put under severe pressure by John and Neil. Was so much fun!

Cheers John for organising.

I recorded it and will put up on Youtube unless anyone objects?

Last edited:
After Sunday it was great to have everything in my favour, as every one around me was faster, those in front, those behind.
So all I had to do was knock out consistent laps, when I got caught all I had to do was get in everyone’s way for the last few laps. Neil was a worry, but George helped me no end by holding Neil up. luckily for me he had a spin, I think he was naturally going faster than me into a bend and had to make an emergency change of direction.
Thomas was quicker, in the first race, but again managed to hold him off till the last three or four laps, so I just made sure I covered all corners , so it became get in the way and slow in fast out.
Could do very little about Axel, made an error through the S bend which made it all too easy for him, tried my best, but in reality it was hopeless, as it was with Chris’s overtake in race 2, he just has so much lap time in his back pocket.

It was a difficult overtake which became obvious that backing out was a good idea for me, so that was a no brainier.
Thomas had some bad luck, I knew I did not have the pace to do anything but try and hang on, try and hold Chris up for as long as possible, that did not go too well, then Thomas had an off.

Sorry about the boring waffle, so pleased to have some good fortune after Sunday’s miserable race.

0D62086B-BE77-4107-BA56-ABD8545CCA7B.jpeg
:)

Great racing, was fun. Had a constant race 1 and a good close racing with Ernie @Kek700 nearly the whole race which was great. Finished P5 wich was ok.
Second race started at pole due to reverse grid and I was curious how that would develop. Had a good start and pace and was leading the first laps and should have to stick to my pace but I pushed a little bit too hard and went wide at Warsteiner curve. Unfortunately I spun and was at the back of the field. Had good racing with Pat @Partick Eaton which was fun as well. I was annoyed not to have sticked to my initial pace and risked a mistake whilst leading.
Will try to do better next time and avoid the pressure mistake.

Thanks for racing guys, congrats to podium, thx for organizing and cu next time.

Thanks so much for the turnout tonight everyone, I really appreciated it guys :thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium guys - and in particular, with a new car and a difficult track to overtake on, congrats to all... for incredibly close lap times and amazingly fair racing throughout the whole field (I've watched the replays!).

I chose the 'Ring 'cos it's got some heavy braking areas I hoped would provide passing opportunities - and a new car with new track is usually a no-no. So again, well done all for getting up to speed with this car - selfishly, I love it, reminded me of a 250 Kart on steroids:laugh:

1st race was a lesson learnt... found a 'great' setup at the last minute, err, it was undrivable for me, so, stopped and changed to my humble effort ahead of R2. 2nd race was a blast, fantastic racing with @GEO147 and @Graham Wilgaus in particular - hard and incredibly fair, thanks you guys!:thumbsup:

I got lucky with you George! I'd have never got past other than that tiny slip out of the final chicane and just had to send it. Was sorry to see @Neilski have an off a bit later, then realised it was for 3rd... I got lucky, but I'll take it!:p:laugh:

Quick note for a near-future race (Not next week): Have a play on Calabogie Motorsport Park full version, I almost ran the X-Bow here, it's simply stunning... multiple lines for overtaking, wall-of-death corners, a really enjoyable challenge imo. Stay tooned:p

Last edited:
Loved the combo @Medilloni! Fortunately it didn't take me too long to get up to my typical pace, so I managed to have a great little tussle with @Partick Eaton in R1, who was a tad quicker than me but we kept trading little mistakes for several laps so we had a nice bit of close clean racing.
I'm starting to get better at not overdriving and compromising my exits. I don't think I'm hugely quicker (maybe .3 or so), but I don't get mugged anywhere near as much coming out of the corner!

Loved the combo @Medilloni! Fortunately it didn't take me too long to get up to my typical pace, so I managed to have a great little tussle with @Partick Eaton in R1, who was a tad quicker than me but we kept trading little mistakes for several laps so we had a nice bit of close clean racing.
I'm starting to get better at not overdriving and compromising my exits. I don't think I'm hugely quicker (maybe .3 or so), but I don't get mugged anywhere near as much coming out of the corner!
Glad you enjoyed it Scott and great you've found improvement :thumbsup: Exit speed is crucial, it's usually easier to overake out than in, and always easier to defend.

It sounds like I missed a great race. :(

In the middle of the qualifying I had to change the setting on my VR headset, and I forgot to save the first part of the qualy. Is there any chance that someone can post the qualifying round? - I'll most likely watch the races re- George & Chris' videos. Ta.

I really enjoyed the races today. 1st race had a good tussle with Scott. As he mentioned we traded places back and forth and where very close for 3 laps or so. I ran out fuel, so ended at the back for race 2. That was fun as well, had a great scrap with Thomas. He was quicker, but I was able to drive a wide car and hold him off.

Great combo! Thanks for hosting and thanks for the close racing!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%