RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@sc4dr I'm absolutely baffled following your ghost. Even with aero all the way down, and gearing can't be increased, you're pulling away by 5 car lengths down each straight. How are you getting that top speed out of this car?

Haha that was cool. It's all about momentum with the x bow, not low downforce. Notice my lines are a little wide through the course. The car doesn't have the power to run traditional tight lines.

A little tip:
I'm running wing at 10! I get through the last turn so tight it shoots you down the straight!

This car, and setup are polar opposites for me.

I also ran most of my leaderboard laps on stock setup. Just moved brake bias forward so I could drive deeper without spinning.

I'd be curious to know if KO was running stock setup in his. He's darn quick on this track.

Stock setup on the Lotus, 1 click down on rear arb for Porsche, don't recall right now which way I went with what arb on the Xbow. Tried taking some wing out of all but went back to stock.

Ko

GTR 3.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Wed
Cars: GTR 3
Track: Slovakia Ring

Wednesday 18/09/19
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse grid to 5 places

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. FeltHat
  2. Calvyn White
  3. paulbee058
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#20

Last edited:
FR 2.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Sat
Cars: FR 2
Track: Slovakia Ring

Saturday 21/09/19
Practice:

Warmup: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 19:50 UTC (60 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. FeltHat
  2. Calvyn White
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#6

Last edited:
WTCR 2019.jpg

Join us

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - Wed
Cars: WTCR 2018/2019
Track: Silverstone - International

Wednesday 25/09/19
Practice:

Warmup 1: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse grid to 5 places

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. FeltHat
  2. Piotrek Blaszczak
  3. Mike Wyatt
  4. Jean Jacques Martin
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#11

Last edited:
I also ran most of my leaderboard laps on stock setup. Just moved brake bias forward so I could drive deeper without spinning.

I'd be curious to know if KO was running stock setup in his. He's darn quick on this track.
All my times have been on stock set-up. The car is so stable stock I am afraid of screwing it up by messing with it.

I also found that you really need to use all of the track with this car. What gets me is I see Felt Hat going down to 1st in some corners. I never go below 2nd as the downshift (to me) takes away too much time.

I most definitely go to first. Car bogs too much in second. I tried with my ghost using second and ghost always pulls away.

First also pivots the car in tighter turns

Haha that was cool. It's all about momentum with the x bow, not low downforce. Notice my lines are a little wide through the course. The car doesn't have the power to run traditional tight lines.

A little tip:
I'm running wing at 10! I get through the last turn so tight it shoots you down the straight!

This car, and setup are polar opposites for me.
Yup, you are right, high wing is the way, especially with stock setup. With some adjustments low wing would probably be better, atleast in my imagination :roflmao:, but i dont even race in the event so i wont bother :D High wing is also more comfy and should reduce tire wear, should come in handy with all this swinging your car around like a madman

btw, guys, join todays wreckfest event :p

Last edited:
Yup, you are right, high wing is the way, especially with stock setup. With some adjustments low wing would probably be better, atleast in my imagination :roflmao:, but i dont even race in the event so i wont bother :D High wing is also more comfy and should reduce tire wear, should come in handy with all this swinging your car around like a madman

btw, guys, join todays wreckfest event :p
So I felt the same way about low down force on this car, but I was keeping track if speed through the straight, and might have gained 1 mph. 1 mph is not enough to overcome the loss of speed through the turns. I tried every setup imaginable, and couldn’t make it happen with low wing.

Ran a race in the Lotus against the AI, the Porsches were blowing right by me on the looooong straight.
I was about 1 second slower than my leaderboard time too.

KO

Ran a race in the Lotus against the AI, the Porsches were blowing right by me on the looooong straight.
I was about 1 second slower than my leaderboard time too.

KO
Fuel load makes a huge difference in these cars. I was way over shooting turns in my AI race.

leaderboard only used 35 litres in those cars :coffee: interesting, it was full tank in group 5

and that lovely magical difference in handling between multi and single :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back