RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never enter race with you with raceroom, but i clearly understand your opinion .
Simracing.gp has some great avantages, but we lose some of the old spirit of racedepartment race clubs.
I like to discuss the race after the event, and it doesn't exist anymore.
The race offer is so big, not speaking also of SRS, worldsimseries, ....that at the end it is difficult to find races with full grid.

Hopefully you'll still be joining the occasional RD race though the simracing.gp setup doesn't seem great. Only racing the 2020 version of the WTCR and also choosing tracks like Spa seems an odd way to go as R3E have that well covered. At the very least you should try out the RFactor 2 historic racing on Thursday nights which is very much club racing with a good atmosphere and same great racing.

Please sign me up for tonight, not sure on the car yet as I don't think I've tried the Audi yet but will most likely go Porsche

to me it just feels souless
Spot on - it is a great platform, but not a replacement for club races as we know and love them.

I've been planning on doing a R3E race for a while, but Saturdays are just bad for me. No promises but I'll try to find the time for it today so you hopefully can get a full grid send-off. Will be a last minute signup if I succeed :thumbsup:

Hopefully you'll still be joining the occasional RD race...
Maybe, but I doubt it to be honest. Automated racing just isn't what I personally want from the hobby. That's why I've never once taken part in R3E's built-in ranked racing system. It's social, friendly, respectful racing I want, and you just don't get that from a click-to-join system where barely anyone knows each other.

At the very least you should try out the RFactor 2 historic racing on Thursday nights which is very much club racing with a good atmosphere and same great racing.
That's the one place I am still genuinely interested in racing, as it very much retains that old-school RD feel. Really enjoyed the one event I was able to join a while back. Unfortunately I find rFactor a royal pain the arse to use, but perhaps I'll give it another go now that I'll have more time on my hands.

I may not be able to race tonight either, unfortunately. I had my first Covid jab yesterday, and it hasn't gone down well. Woke up at 5am as the personification of pain. Imagine flu-like full body pain but multiplied by five, along with a number of other symptoms. Never felt anything like it before. It seems short-lived as I'm feeling better, with the body pain being more like a regular cold now, but still won't be able to race like this.

However, racing or not, I'll still jump on anyway to have a chat with you guys and spectate. :)

Nice racing guys, though I almost regret it now because all my joints are killing me! Should have stuck with the control pad! :p

Thanks again to everyone for helping to make the club the fun, friendly environment it's been, I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed yourselves over the years. Helping people enjoy their hobby is what has made this job so worthwhile. :) I hope you all find places equally as enjoyable to race in the future, and hopefully I'll see you in some of them soon.

Race on! :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome in the Saturday night Raceroom club.

I know I haven't been around as long as most of you but I will miss it, it's been fun.

Once thing I have noticed since joining you, my racecraft has certainly improved.

I don't know if that is because I have generally got better or it's because I trusted the people around me on the track.

I will have to wait and see to see if it carries on elsewhere.

See you around.

Last edited:
Sorry had to drop out, when I went to grid I had no dash, and when it started everything was blurred. Did a lap hoping it would sort itself but didn’t.
B4CF0C06-E789-4B83-A3E1-3BBB4B533512.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years