• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU WTCR @ Salzburgring - Tue 13 Aug 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Aug 6, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 13-08-19
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,957
    WTCR 2019.jpg
    Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
    Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
    Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
    RaceDepartment.com EU Tues
    Cars: WTCR 2018 / 2019
    Track: Salzburgring

Tuesday 13/08/19
    Practice:
    19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
    Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
    Race 1: 19:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
    Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) - Reverse grid to 5 places

Entry List
    - 32 slots
    1. Free slot
    2. Free slot
    3. Free slot
    4. Free slot
    5. Free slot
    6. Free slot
    7. Free slot
    8. Free slot
    9. Free slot
    10. Free slot
    11. Free slot
    12. Free slot
    13. Free slot
    14. Free slot
    15. Free slot

Reserve list
    1. Reserve
    2. Reserve

UTP#1

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,957
    R3E Schedule Change

From next week the R3E schedule will be changing. Events will be held on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and there will be no third event.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PurgerUK

PurgerUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +522
    Just curious but why the change from Sunday to Saturday. Sundays are generally quiet but Saturdays usually have a busy RF2 server. With the current sign up rates I know which one I would choose even though I prefer R3E to RF2.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,957
    First, Sunday's aren't quiet, they're dead. There's a chance that more people are around to race on a Saturday evening when they have no work the next morning. If Saturdays end up dead as well, then we've lost nothing by trying. I want to retain one weekend slot.

Second, after examining the past sign-up lists of both clubs I've determined that there is very little cross-over of drivers between rF2 Saturdays and R3E Sundays. So it doesn't really matter how busy the rF2 event is if those drivers aren't interested in R3E anyway.

Third and finally, the permanent change gives R3E a prime spot on a Saturday evening for any special events, allowing for more possibilities. And nobody can moan that I'm encroaching on "their spot" if the club is already established there.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +315
    I am guessing that low signups are also due to summer time. People are on holidays or they are out.
    I hope it will be better in autumn.

6. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,957
    That's true, it goes dead every Summer. But the schedule change is also aimed at having a better club overall. With the addition of new clubs and zero consultation amongst staff on how and when they should run, this is something that has been in my plans for some time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +450
    Well Saturday's are better for me, now all I have to do is find a body to borrow.
    Raring to go but have just been a bit under the weather for a goodly while, curtailing my participation of late.
    Summer sucks for online racing but then, hopefully it's because people are out getting their years worth of Vitamin D before heading back to their rigs and of course supporting real racing, without which, none of us would be here. Hope beyond hope that ones Mojo returns shortly as watching people race is guff compared to racing oneself.
    Upwards and onwards the weather in Blighty is crap so they should all be returning with their windswept, wet tails between their legs soon enough! :D
    If I've not been clear, Saturday night's alright for fighting in my book. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,001
    yup, its comforting to know you dont have to go to work next day, will be useful especially with some special events, longer races etc

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.