WTCR Race of Slovakia Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WTCR Slovakia.jpg

The FIA WTCR is back in action again this weekend, with the impressive Slovakiaring the venue for rounds 7, 8 and 9 of the new season.

Having been the surprise package of the year so far, Honda should have a much tougher time of it in Slovakia thanks to the latest round of Balance of Performance measures introduced by the FIA - the Japanese brand having been most effected as they look set to carry the full 60kg restriction this coming weekend,

With all cars starting the new year with maximum success ballast, the governing body of the sport review relative performances based of lap times achieved by each marque, reducing the penalty weight respective of the ultimate lap time of each brand. Based on these calculations, Honda maintain maximum weight, with Lynk & Co, Cupra and Audi each getting a 20kg reduction.

Despite two wins for reigning champion Tarquini, Hyundai get a healthy 30kg drop, followed by VW on 40kg and Alfa bring up the rear of the tables with all performance weight removed from their two cars.

The Slovakiaring often produces close racing, so this weekend should be an entertaining one!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm looking forward to the weekend, I was at the Hungaroring two weeks ago, but I must admit that the first two rounds were slightly underwhelming overall (oh and the weather was terrible at the circuit, but that's almost always the case in the Spring, usually when you get home you realize that you've caught a cold and also got a severe sunburn :roflmao:). Maybe the BoP adjustments and the Slovakia Ring will produce more action.

I doubt it will happen but I'm hoping Shedden can turn things around. Started watching WTCR this season to see how the BTCC driver gets on.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%