Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the championship deciding final round of the FIA World Touring Car Cup.

A fantastic season of racing comes to a close in the FIA WTCR this weekend - one round, three races and four championship hopefuls at the former home of the Malaysian Grand Prix, Sepang.

Heading into what should be a spectacular final round at the Sepang International Circuit, a first visit to Malaysia for the WTCR grid, Hyundai driver Norbert Michelisz is looking to defend his slim championship lead from Honda rival Esteban Guerrieri and Lynk & Co pairing Yvan Muller and Ted Bjork.

Michelisz holds a slender 15 point lead over Guerrieri following the conclusion of qualifying on Friday afternoon, with four-time World Champion Muller a further six in arrears, and Bjork the final contender for title success on 288 points, 38 away from the championship leader with three races on Sunday remaining.

The Sepang International Circuit should be the kind of circuit that encourages good touring car racing, and with reverse grids, night races and the unexpected always possible on a new track for the series - Sunday afternoon should be a spectacular advert for the incredible WTCR category.

WTCR Title Decider 2.jpg
WTCR Title Decider 3.jpg
WTCR Title Decider 4.jpg

Last edited:
Man I should follow this more closely. We only get Asian Le Mans and Blancpain Asia at Sepang now and the circuit is only an hour or so away from me. Would have been great to pop down there for some wheel to wheel action this weekend.

We went out to one of the malls, Megamall, where The Rift is, and they had Raceroom on about 12 machines.
Each one had full motion, Heusinkveld pedals and some form of direct drive wheels with 49 inch ultrawide monitors.
Apparently it was the final and started at 4pm so I couldn't see more but looked like awesome setups.

Rain, chaos on the track and Nick Catsburg in the fires... nice start to race 2 :D Its time to try this cars with current Raceroom physics update.

Omg, Eurosport canceled transmission from race 2 due to biathlon world cup :mad: For the rainy conditions can be assumed amazing race, it's a shame. Well, I am going check youtube streams.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 75 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.6%