WTCR Race of Macau Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2019 FIA World Touring Car Cup race of Macau.

The penultimate round of the 2019 WTCR season is upon us - at arguably one of the most challenging circuits in world motorsport, Macau!

Tight and twisty, rapidly fast and exceptionally difficult - the Macau Guia circuit is one of the most impressive and challenging circuits on the touring car calendar, often producing unexpected and dramatic moments in the former World Touring Car Championship and WTCR series. Scene of the penultimate round of the 2019 season, the year so far has been an exceptional showcase for touring car racing, and with just two weekends of action left to run, the title remains up for grabs with many worthy drivers still in the fight for big points.

Will Macau turn up another big weekend of action? Not long to go until we find out!

WTCR Discussion Thread - Macau 2.jpg

Want to learn more from the motorsport world? Head over to the RaceDepartment Motorsport sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Motorsport is AWESOME!

Circuit were it's either crashes or a ceremonial parade at speed. How this is still used is a mystery to me. They even do a World championship GT3 at this abomination of a track. Zero overtaking except T3 and tons of guardrails and walls to cause insane amounts of €€€ damage. And for what? To know that pole takes all anyway.

They could be racing at so many better venues than this. And every year it's the same: safety car, safety car, omg another crash, safety car, "win".

Circuit were it's either crashes or a ceremonial parade at speed. How this is still used is a mystery to me. They even do a World championship GT3 at this abomination of a track. Zero overtaking except T3 and tons of guardrails and walls to cause insane amounts of €€€ damage. And for what? To know that pole takes all anyway.

They could be racing at so many better venues than this. And every year it's the same: safety car, safety car, omg another crash, safety car, "win".
It's Macau. The Las Vegas of the East and therefore a hot place to race year in year out.

From a driver perspective it must be amazing to race there. I always enjoyed the races when I still watched WTCC like a maniac. Nowadays I have never felt more disconnected to the series.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%