RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPOILER

Calvyn…..Greg...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...the rest of us.
This was the first race since the update in December(?)/January(?) that I felt good in. That big update really screwed up the sim for me and while I was making small steps in improving my times, I did not feel fast at all.

When I tested in the Leaderboard for the first time I could not get the two tight right-handers at all, the car would not turn. I fiddled with the wheel settings in the set-up and all of the sudden I could feel the car and it reacted the way I wanted it to. I then set that initial fast time on default. In private testing I took away two clicks of rear wing and was about 3.5 seconds faster. Of course, with the issues last night I was not able to use the set-up but I still felt not only fast but in control.

The two collisions really set me back. I was watching the times and Calvyn and I were not gaining any time on each other throughout the race, except when one or the other had an off or collision.

Best race for me in many weeks.

Hate the track almost as much as I hate Monaco, but I am in anyway. The FWD cars should be fun. Wilko is right, we should do them at Macau some time.

Hate the track almost as much as I hate Monaco, but I am in anyway. The FWD cars should be fun. Wilko is right, we should do them at Macau some time.
'atta boy

Not that anyone asked but speaking of hated tracks I will put Macau at the top of the list for me followed by Shanghai, Sepang, Moscow and Slovakia Ring in no particular order.

I think Macau is a lot like Monaco... fun to drive, not so fun to race. It's certainly a challenge and these cars are well made for it, but the narrow streets and constant turns mean passing is almost impossible anywhere other than the one long straight or the braking into T1. Oh, and if someone messes up the hairpin... race over for all those behind!

Is this server connection issue something that is acknowledged in the official Raceroom forum or is it something local here?

Well yes and... yes. I have seen multiple threads on the Sector3 forums referring to game starting/crashing in regards to various ERROR messages or simply not responding. As far as the RD server it seems to be attributed to users perhaps not logging out and the not allowing others to access. The later has been communication to the administration team here at RD.

'atta boy

Not that anyone asked but speaking of hated tracks I will put Macau at the top of the list for me followed by Shanghai, Sepang, Moscow and Slovakia Ring in no particular order.
The only part of Macau I do not like is that last hairpin. I can never seem to get that one right. Shanghai is not my favorite, but it is not bad. The others are passable, but they all share one thing in common: Tilke.

That man should be drawn and quartered for his tracks and the abortion he made of Hockenheim.

Reactions: DND
I wont be able to race due to PC problems. It won't send a signal to the monitor...

Sigh. Looks like I am out of commission for a while.
You probably already have tried what I'm about to say.
Different cable, different monitor, TV for testing purposes.
And the course a different graphics card if you've got one. If nothing else it might help to whittle down the problem. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

GTR 3

To be quite honest I really enjoy this track strangely enough but unfortunately, it's the cars that I have issues with. Therefor old men and ladies. And I'm no lady ;) which means I should be ok with it. :whistling: And if I can I will join up for the event.
The only good thing about this combo that these cars have handbrakes. Very useful for one particular hairpin if I recall. and should be used immediately when going off into one of these short run-off areas. Don't want to find yourself reversing back onto the track.
Overall though I think the combination of track and car is a good one. Not too fast not too slow. Should make for same close and challenging racing.
Not to be rude but you would be wrong not to take part. It is a good track it does grow on you. But of course, 3 or 4+ hours of practice may help. :laugh:
Think of it being something like in between Bathurst and Monaco and we all love Bathurst. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Give it a go it's not like you're going to get billed for the damage.:D

Last edited:
The only part of Macau I do not like is that last hairpin. I can never seem to get that one right. Shanghai is not my favorite, but it is not bad. The others are passable, but they all share one thing in common: Tilke.

That man should be drawn and quartered for his tracks and the abortion he made of Hockenheim.
Who designed Bilsterberg? One of my faves.

Who designed Bilsterberg? One of my faves.
Bilsterberg is a club track which is not designed to be driven by F1, nor does it have the decreasing radius turns or the other crap he put in his F1 tracks to "encourage passing opportunities".

Bilsterberg shows that when he designs tracks to flow well he can do it. The F1 tracks he designed are all abortions.

Haven't driven the cars or the track but sign me up please, I'm always up for a challenge :D
Front wheel drive cars are not something I ever do so I may have to relearn a few things. Even though I found the track a bit lifeless, I did enjoy learning Paul Ricard so that is something that doing the races every week is very good for. I learn new cars and tracks that I otherwise wouldn't drive because I'm old and set in my ways!

Well I obviously haven't been paying attention. I see the track has been changed.
So I just wasted 40 minutes. :(
Anyway I had a go with the 18 versions.
And it reminded me why I not that fond of these cars it's because I'm :poop: in them. So bad it's not even funny, just sad.
It was going fine right up to the point I move my wheel to go around the corner or should I say straight into the barrier, multiple times. I really didn't think this SIM had icy conditions as an option.:cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline