RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: WTCR 2018, 2019
Track: Norisring

Tuesday March 10, 2020
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race 1 : 21:50 ET (20 minutes) - NO Mandatory Pit Stop

Warmup :
22:10 ET (5 minutes)
Race 2 : 22:15 ET (20 minutes) - NO Mandatory Pit Stop Top 10 Reverse Grid

Entry List
- 20 slots
  1. David DeGreef
  2. Scott_H
  3. SPC15
  4. Wilko Jones
  5. brc19
  6. Keith_G
  7. SOLO59
  8. emarchena
  9. Open
  10. Open
  11. Open
  12. Open
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
Reserve list

1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 28

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:
R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: P1
Track: Paul Ricard Solution 1C-V2

Tuesday March 03, 2020
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (two tires min)

Entry List
- Max 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef #25 DMD P20
  2. Scott_H
  3. ko41
  4. 2112
  5. SPC15
  6. Wilko Jones #05 DMD P20
  7. brc19 #22 DMD P20
  8. Calvyn White
  9. Open
  10. Open
  11. Open
  12. Open
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
Reserve list

1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 48

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:
I agree with Calvyn that there seems to be a distinct difference in how the cars handle, no matter the reason. A few months ago the US crew ran these cars at Hockenheim and they were a handful. I was not impressed and it was one of my least favorite races.

I tested last night and it seemed much more planted and predictable. Except for one thing: Now I can use a tap on the brakes to get the rear rotated. I found this out on accident and when I was able to duplicate it I was able to cut a significant amount of time from my lap times (+/- a second). It also seems the steering is much more responsive.

Just on a default set-up I was able to get within sight of Calvyn's time on the leaderboard. I am sure with a bit of tweaking I can cut another second or two off my time, if not more.

Without any proof I think the new physics or the new tire model does influence all(?) cars.
Because in a (short) discussion I had in one of the threads here with Alex H he commented that eventhough no changes was mentioned in the update notes for the 3x FR90 cars then the physics/TM for them had also been updated.
And we are not talking about FFB - because I dont use that. :laugh:
So my guess is that more or less all cars are affected.

Go VR and no need for a stand at all
I do have an Oculus Rift, but the monitor stand was also the sensor stand. :D It's been months since I have used the Rift and haven't even set it up since I moved my rig out of the basement into a corner of our home cinema.
20191122_063850.jpg

After several attempts to reset my view in VR, I still couldn't see the road ahead - my eye level was below the virtual drivers shoulder level. It was working yesterday & Oculus was fine this afternoon in AC. Sorry I couldn't race, I'll try raceroom another time. Have a good race.

Know it's kinda late but gonna let the DVR build up a bit of the 24 so I can fast forward thru the BS. I'm in please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%