• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

WTCR 2020 cars/skins?

Apr 12, 2010
I just saw The pre-season esports race for WTCR 2020 and they seem to be using the 2020 skins for the real world drivers that are participating in the event...

Have there been any news regarding the release of this year’s cars for RaceRoom?

Majuh

500RPM
Nov 26, 2010
They will need to wait for the first races in the real championship because the season entry list is far from finished right now.

Reactions: Adrian Herrera

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
This years series will be a bit of a write off if we are honest. Only European races and 1 car teams allowed to enter. Not exactly WTCR this year more like ETCR

Reactions: Adrian Herrera

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
Hopefully we'll get the Aragon circuit to play with.
They've not got a licence for all tracks of the season. Pretty sure the WTCR licence is purely cars and drivers only. Thats howcome half the tracks they race on arent in raceroom.

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
They've not got a licence for all tracks of the season. Pretty sure the WTCR licence is purely cars and drivers only. Thats howcome half the tracks they race on arent in raceroom.
Indeed. Owners are too savvy to make deals which allow a series to sell the rights for their tracks in a bundle these days. They can make good money making a deal of their own for a license. Unless the series pays them themselves for the right to sell the rights I suppose. That's probably what F1 does, but I doubt WTCR could afford something like that.

Reactions: Trebor901

Majuh

500RPM
Nov 26, 2010
As far as I know, the WTCR license comes with the tracks. That's how they got access to Suzuka. The problem is that the track artists got more than enough work to do anyway.

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
As far as I know, the WTCR license comes with the tracks. That's how they got access to Suzuka.
I don't understand. Suzuka has been in R3E for a lot longer than WTCR has. The class didn't exist when it was added. :O_o:

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
I very much doubt that a licence for WTTC from 2013 (or any other year) is in any way relevant to WTCR 2020.
Also WTCC licence doesnt = WTCR licence at all. Might be run by the same people but the companies and trademarks etc will all be newly registered when WTCR came about.

Reactions: Goffik

Majuh

500RPM
Nov 26, 2010
I very much doubt that a licence for WTTC from 2013 (or any other year) is in any way relevant to WTCR 2020.
Also WTCC licence doesnt = WTCR licence at all. Might be run by the same people but the companies and trademarks etc will all be newly registered when WTCR came about.
No, the series is still organised by Eurosport Events. There's no reason to assume that the licensing deal has changed, especially considering we got Twin Ring Motegi and Ningbo recently. Just read the official announcement: