WTCR: 2019 Race of Morocco Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WTCR Discussion Thread.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the opening round of the 2019 WTCR by Oscaro from the Marrakesh street circuit.

It feels like a long time since Italian veteran Gabriele Tarquini lifted his second World Championship trophy at the Macau Grand Prix back in 2018, but the wait is finally over.

WTCR 2019 - Check out the RaceDepartment Season Preview HERE.

The opening round of any series is always an exciting time as fans eagerly anticipate how the new teams, drivers, and line ups get on in their favourite category. For 2019, the WTCR is embarking on a second year of TCR regulation cars, and the championship looks set to be one of the best yet thanks to a field packed with talented drivers, and some of the most professional teams in touring car racing set to take part.

The streets of Marrakesh have often provided dramatic and unexpected results in recent years, and with the ever present barriers just waiting to catch out the drivers, this weekend should be one not to miss..!

For more news from the new WTCR season, be sure to head over to the RaceDepartment Motorsport Sub Forum and get in touch with the community!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Entertaining stuff, some optimistic overtaking attempts in that race!

I'd like my daily driver Cupra to look a bit more like the TCR cr too!

Great debut for Lync cars and Priaulx (even after that unfortunate accident and drop from p3 to p6), forza Cyan :roflmao:
Had flashbacks from Morocco last year, a lot of contact, failed brakes and punctured tires :coffee:
I hope we gonna see '19 season in Raceroom and our club soon

Last edited:
I wonder if Morocco is a good place for the first meeting, difficult overtaking track with opening race a bit meh IMHO.
Although I loved it in Race 07 with the WTCC cars.
Let's hope tomorrow is a bit more lively.

The most mind numbingly dull race ever...worse than last year...cars sound the same an awful dull drone...
And people slag off Formula E?
I think TCR is way over rated and this series for me hasn't saved WTCC, it's killed it off completely...

The most mind numbingly dull race ever...worse than last year...cars sound the same an awful dull drone...
And people slag off Formula E?
I think TCR is way over rated and this series for me hasn't saved WTCC, it's killed it off completely...

I was thinking the same thing this morning. I used to watch WTCC and it often threw up totally unexpected events and great races. I watched the race yesterday and not a great deal happened, also the sound on the Eurosport coverage was badly set up, I could hardly hear the cars. Hoping for better from today's races and I will decide if I will follow the rest of the season from there.

It is one of the worst tracks to race on... ever. If it was up to me, it would get thrown of that calendar immediately and replaced by one of the many great british tracks.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. I used to watch WTCC and it often threw up totally unexpected events and great races. I watched the race yesterday and not a great deal happened, also the sound on the Eurosport coverage was badly set up, I could hardly hear the cars. Hoping for better from today's races and I will decide if I will follow the rest of the season from there.

I felt as if the sound wasn't the only part of the coverage that was badly setup. We never got to see why Coronel crashed, we missed the shuffling going on in the midfield.

i wouldnt decide that based on Morocco race :rolleyes:

The Morocco broadcast director also has a tendency to make the race look boring, only ever focusing on the lead cars and slow pans across the advertising rather then focusing on the pitlane shuffles.

well, we had "races" at morocco with grids little more than half the size yesterday and all but three laps run under yellow, so considering the really really crap track, not a bad start. The Lynk Show is fantastic, coming out of nowhere to finish so prominently in top10, amazing (still an ugly car, though, lol, and of course Cyan are not exactly coming out of nowhere, cough).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%