EU WTCR 2018 @ Zhuhai - Tues 09Oct18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 23, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 09-10-18
  1. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422

what a **** start, gotta learn launch control :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Well, it wouldn't be my stream if something didn't go wrong... so for some reason, I was only streaming to Twitch tonight :rolleyes: Here's the VOD (though I will probably try to download it and reupload to YouTube as well)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320492353

Edit: Youtube reupload:

And it was also broadcast as GT3 at Oulton in rF2, because I completely forgot to change the description on Twitch...:redface:

Fun couple of races all in all. The second race mostly consisting of watching @Piotr Dul's rear bumper. Shame about the way our battle ended, I guess I was braking somewhat early into that corner and I noticed too late to give you more space or do anything about it, really. Sorry if it was me causing you to go off, but there certainly was no intention to brake check you or anything :(

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Beer Beer x 3
  3. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    Very enjoyable races, guys. Good battles with quite a few of you and all clean and orderly as usual. This is what sim racing is all about:D.

FYI, I was recording the races but when I went in to edit the video and post it I found that it had stopped recording about halfway through the first race and some checking discovered that I had run out of disc space. Really irritating b/c the "record" light stayed on and green until I turned it off at the end of the second race so I had no indication it had stopped, otherwise I could have taken care of it during the break between races.:mad::mad:

Anyway, lots of fun and thanks to Kenny and Steve for getting this all going.:thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    After another pretty tense race evening in one of those FWD beasts I must admitt taht Sector 3 did absolutely awesome job of simulating FWD powerfull cars. Let's be honest try to imagine what level of punishment front axle need to take: accelarating, braking, steering and again and again. Now try to simulate it properly to give a realistic feel of what's happening to the front of the car. I'm not a fan of FWDs in AC, rF2 and AMS FWDs are pretty good but R3E WTCC, Audi TTs and now WTCRs are spot on. And yes I am a massive fan of FWD cars, driving a Clio Mk 3 RS 200 and I can say from my expierience with powerfull FWD that's how they behave. Well done Sector 3 ;)
    Now to the races.
    Race 1, I pressed a wrong button for launch control and messed up my start causing an Audi driver behind ( I believe it was @Dave Wyatt) to hit my back, my apologies for that. After that quickly catched the rest of the pack and most of the race sitting behind a Hyundai. Finished 9th but I'm happy for pretty consistent laps except two or three minor mistakes.
    Race 2, this time pressed the correct button for a launch but... not a great start to be honest. Anyway second race mostly consisting of watching @Martin Fiala front bumper in my mirror :p He was pushing hard, turn after turn and lap after lap and finaly got his chance, I was pretty tired after first race and intensity during second one was even hire so I made mistake a threw my position out of the window. So Martin don't be sorry It wasn't your fault. It was great expierience racing with u in the second one ;)
    Thank you guys for another great racing evening :) Vroooom, vroooom :p

20181009222819_1b.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  5. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,057
    i hate my voice !!!

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +279
    That's ok, @sunday driver , I was just giving you a push;). My races were as I might expect, riding around in the back and trying to mind my own business. In the first race, I started to get the low fuel warnings and was starting to short shift to save fuel when I missed a braking point and went off course into a wall, spun around and entered the course in the wrong direction. I realized it right away but R3E was fast to DQ me. Fortunately, there was no one around so no harm done.
    The second race was better in that I managed to stay on-course and stayed out of the way. Due to others miss-fortune, I ended up with a top 10 finish... may not mean much with only 11 drivers, but it is a big deal to me!:p:p
    Thanks all, cya next time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Everybody does when they hear themselves from a recording, because it sounds so different than what we're used to hearing ourselves :) You get used to it, eventually :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    Asus Z97 Pro Mobo
    i7 4770k CPU
    16Gb Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz
    Gigabyte GTX1080
    BeQuiet 650w PSU

I know I'm not heavy on power but when running 3DMark my system is drawing between 440 and 500w peak and CPU averages 50c (watercooled), with GPU not even breaking a sweat. I log everything but the only error registered is a Windows event log, which lists a Thrustmaster usb issue, googled it and seems many people get this and it's not relevant to my problem.
    Once I've defluffed, prodded and poked it and given it a thorough good talking to, I shall, disconnect a few things, fans & peripherals to minimise load before I run it through some tests.
    The other thing of course is it's been as is and fine for months (other than the painful RR profile conundrum), nothing added or taken away, no software that's not needed for Sim racing, could well be something breaking down, which would still point toward PSU I guess, seeing as it's a total shut down of power. Think I'm gonna order a new PSU asap, if only so I have a spare as my other PC's all have lower wattage PSU's. The PSU isn't even that old, couple years maybe at most, my oldest is a 500w Cooler Master which is well over 10 years old and has not missed a beat.

9. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    After watching the 10 minute clip of my aborted recording, I decided to go ahead and post it. Lots of good action, position changes, etc. so you might find it entertaining.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxRmW9XAbg

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    If it's modular maybe a faulty connection, definitely a strip job.:(
    I take it your Christmas tree is surge protected.

11. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Premium

Ratings:
    +474
    To be honest 650 PSU should be fine, but I've gone over the top on mine I don't like living on the edge and it allows for upgrades, me personally I would of used a 800 PSU min for that spec, but that is me, but like your already saying just check everything and then maybe buy a new one I've had 3x PSU's go on me and all of mine have gone with a bang, especially the last one which I right next to when it happened how I didn't have a heart attack I'll never know..also i've had 2x MB batteries go, one never let me boot, the other one kept shutting my system down, just food for thought..Start with the basic's.:thumbsup:

12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    I can easily see a 650W PSU causing issues in a system that supposedly draws around 500W at peak. There's more at play than just pure numbers - you can still be overloading say just a 5V line in that kind of setup, the tolerances might not be exact and so on.

Then again it might also be something else entirely, sure. It's often hard to diagnose these issues when you have the computer in your hands and available for testing, let alone based on descriptions over the internet :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jopamir

Jopamir
    " Just keep on going " Premium

Ratings:
    +1,020
    Always suspect the RAM...
    Try switching slots(if more than one stick) and run with only one at a time.
    My 2cents Paul... Hope you can fix that and be back to our races
    Cheers

14. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +556
    @Yetch, this! I'm running a beast of a system with a Corsair RM650x (Gold certified), which based on thorough expert reviews provides one of the most clean and stable power delivery, with voltages close to perfection. You can check my specs in the signature (CPU/GPU/RAM OC'd), including a couple of RGBs, 3 HDDs, an SSD, 5 fans and 9 USB devices ranging from a TX through an Oculus CV1.

So can totally second, that you're either paying for quality (Gold/Platinum certification), or go for about 2-300W over the required capacity with something like a Bronze certified unit.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  15. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    Well true to course, cleaned with a fine toothed brush, lovingly caressed back into position, selection of Whale songs creating the ambience, flick of the switch and ignition, all booted perfectly, ran 3DMark on a loop for an hour, all tickedyboo. Fired up ACC (grab a look at the Bentley & Misano), all started fine, ran through setting things up, hopped on track and....................................
    banged out a dozen laps flawlessly (the PC, defo not the driving). Gonna run it through a plethora of stress tests through the day and all being well, I shall join you gents this evening for a little bit of fender friction! Woop woop!! :thumbsup:
    If you don't see me there will be a problematic PC lying outside my place, it's the building with the Glazing van parked outside and a window fitter being sexually assaulted by 2 Staffies, can't miss it!

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.