RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the video @davew045 , my effort to record didn't go so well. I tried Game Bar in WIndows 10 but couldn't get it to open. I then tried with NVIDIA recording and that wouldn't record, so I have some work to do to figure it out.
Thank you for the tips on TS.

Wow what the hell happened.. as I answered my own question. I see 12 on the roster but only 7 in the race. I see 2 chickens a VR with a update tantrum and 2 no-shows.:( Good god that's nearly half the roster. Oh well:poop: happens.

I only got a couple of the set up tips from @Steve Le Gallez implemented:redface: but still managed to gain a few tenths on the leader-board. Got a little click happy and exited the garage so tried storing them to memory:confused:. Anyway thanks Steve for sharing and everyone for participating.

Sorry I bailed out guys. My condition is a challenge so the legs , when they work, tend to operate the pedals a little like switches. The pedals are either on or off, with very little feeling and I soon discovered that Group C's really don't respond well to on/off inputs. I found myself facing the way I'd just travelled on corner entry and corner exit, in equal measure. Great for the giggles in private practice, but not for multiplayer. I spent hours trying to tame them but they are vicious buggers and it wasn't to be, sadly.

Dread to think what they must have been like to drive at full tilt in endurance races

.. My condition is a challenge so the legs , when they work, tend to operate the pedals a little like switches. The pedals are either on or off,

I remember years ago I had a wheel with paddles..not pedals. I used the 'upshift' for gas and the 'downshift' for brake with an automatic gearbox. Got rather good at it after a while, could that be an option for you maybe?

Thanks for the video @davew045 , my effort to record didn't go so well. I tried Game Bar in WIndows 10 but couldn't get it to open. I then tried with NVIDIA recording and that wouldn't record, so I have some work to do to figure it out.
Thank you for the tips on TS.
I never got Game Bar to work either, my on-board Intel video didn't work with it. I have never been able to get my recording feature in my present card to work either. I went to OBS and it worked very well until my old system started showing it's age and started stumbling when multitasking (R3E + spectator + Scouts amazing Reality overlays + OBS + Node + +). Funny thing is my processor never showed more than 28% usage.

At present I just record my Spectator + Reality screen with a third party recording software (sorry, not at that computer right now and cannot tell you the name of it).

@DucMan888 I know what you mean :thumbsup: I might rethink my current mapping. I used to quite handy with a standard PS4 controller at one time, but the hands (or more precisely, fingers) have succumbed too in past 18 months so a wheel and peddles is the only useable format, bar the odd missed gear shift. Its ok for most formats though, so no complaints. If the Group C had an adjustable Boost setting that might have helped. On the other hand, so would ABS and Traction Control :roflmao:

I'll have to look, but for some reason I thought you could put additional 'help' onto cars albeit with a weight penalty. Then again I am mostly wrong some of the time, or is it the other way around?:O_o:

I never got Game Bar to work either

Turned out to be a settings issue, go figure? But the quality was horrible, another setting to set at High Performance made it from horrible to sightly less than horrible. Next step is to get the NVIDIA to work. When I first built the PC I made several in game videos so I know it worked at one time.

upload_2019-4-15_12-51-41.png

its disabled for rd servers
and there you have it, I wasn't entirely wrong.;)

i didnt have a lot of experience in requesting penalty serve so i used missed brake, stopped to see what i have to do. Fortunately i only had to request pit and press enter to confirm serving a penalty. Praise the C \o/

Last edited:
Right I'm out of hospital after my slipped disc incident. I would go on with details but it's not that relevant. But it was extremely painful that you can be rest assured.
I would have liked to have shared my set up a lot sooner certainly before the race. I suspect and I suppose it could be used as a base setup for any track. Maybe a little wing and gearbox changing it should be ok.
But here it is anyway. The Porsche.

Attachments

• PORSCHE 962 C TEAM JOEST HOCKENHEIMRING GP LB 2 TEST.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.