RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win Calv, when you manage to stay away of issues, there is no way to catch your pace! (on the downside, you dont get TV time on Dave's stream ehehehe :D)
Great comeback Rad, you really maximize the battles in front of you - at one point I had no back tires, had to turn TC to the max and lost a lot of power...:( Great fun! (did I said that I like this track a lot? :p:p:p)
Cheers

Great win Calv, when you manage to stay away of issues, there is no way to catch your pace! (on the downside, you dont get TV time on Dave's stream ehehehe :D)
Great comeback Rad, you really maximize the battles in front of you - at one point I had no back tires, had to turn TC to the max and lost a lot of power...:( Great fun! (did I said that I like this track a lot? :p:p:p)
Cheers
4 tires pit for the win :coffee:

Ok, didn't expect much, don't like this Oschershiten track just wanted to spent some extra time in RR and add another car on the grid. It's a real shame we have smaller and smaller grids in the club :(
Raced it once before with WTCR when I badly damaged front of my beloved HYUNDAI after hitting that wall between T1 and T2. What an idiot decided to paint tires over concrete wall! :mad: Since then driving into that chicane scares me.
Anyway, decided to test Audi R8 this time, which drives really nice but I was struggling for grip into those long slow corners. Started from 7th but quickly dropped and till the end of the race driven all alone.
Congrats for @Calvyn White for win :thumbsup: and @Jopamir and @FeltHat for podium :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's a real shame we have smaller and smaller grids in the club :(
Yeah about the declining numbers... I can only speak for myself, but lately I've noticed that some people take these club races very seriously, almost if these were proper league races, practicing serious amounts of laps, perfecting the setup and everyhing. There's nothing wrong with that though, but I just don't have the time to do the same. I'm an organizer myself in a league in my home country, so I spend most of my precious free time there.
And what I really liked about these club events is the "just for fun" spirit and great variety of cars and tracks, not so serious, but yet clean, fair, and close racing. But every time I joined a race in the last few months I ended up in no man's land, because the serious guys were much faster obviously and others were just a touch too slow.
So I feel there is some conflict of interest here, I'm up for a serious challenge, but this is why I join proper league events where every competitor takes every round seriously, but if club racing demands the same amount of preparation then I'm sorry but I'll have to pass...

@balage06 it is precisely the 'just for fun' element of this group that appeals so much. And that element has never waivered in my experience.

Everyone is good natured, very helpful and courteous. Events always run to time, are clearly communicated and there is always a bit of fun and banter to be had over teamspeak.

On a personal note, often being wheelchair bound and stuck indoors, the friendly and good natured approach by all who race in this group is a real blessing.

There will always be someone quicker, (or in my case slower) but their willingness to put the time in, to develop setups and lap times and then help and encourage others, is what puts this group head and shoulders above every other group I've raced in and long may it continue.

Last edited:
About practice time: that was a s bit of surprise how fast people were.... Was expecting about a sec off pace for being just a club race... I mean, my practice was 3 laps the day before to check everything worked and 15 minutes before practice... I'm not going to start practicing like it is a league race ;) Same with setups, club racing should almost have locked setups to keep time commitment minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%