RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall it correctly we did this same combo a couple of months ago, and I didn't like it at all. I'm just disapointed for the track, as I would like to race this car with you guys, but on a different track. Maybe soon Ross will setup a different combo.

You remember incorrectly. This combo was last used nearly eleven months ago, and this car has been used elsewhere since on various occasions. Sorry I couldn't provide your perfect combo this time.

• Deleted member 6919

Last time we used this combo the car felt so good here, now it just feels so unstable..

Calvyn White Yuh joining us Calv:)?

I'm sorry to say I'm afraid not nor any other due to cough cough a unrelenting personal problem.

But if I may inject my method of racing on this particular track with this car.

The first Chicane start breaking just after where the wall turns red. Lightly on the brakes and down third gear quite rapidly. Clipping the inside curb do not completely lift off the throttle keeping it slightly on up to the next curb on the outside once you know you've got that slowly increase throttle rate watch out for exit over steer be prepared to counter steer you will know if you're good and if you are nail the throttle. Up to 5th gear take it into the chicane hard into what I like to call an uphill chicane. Touching both kerbs on entry and exit. But breaking in between the two lightly as you go around the right-hander keeping it to the right you should be in 3rd gear for this. Be patient when applying the throttle at the top of the hill too much and you will spin so be gentle. Do not go up a gear for the next right keep it in third keep it tight to the right whilst coasting over the hump if you're tight to the kerb this will help the get the car straighter to go over the hump allowing you to get the throttle on earlier but if you're not be patient and careful as is it is extremely easy to spin here. Into the tunnel blah blah blah. Coming over the crest just before you get to the crest apply your brakes gently don't be surprised by the lock up as you go over the hill it is also surprising how little breaking you need. Down the 3rd gear for the downhill right handier keep it tight as usual but not too tight as the kerb will unstable the car this will compromise your exit which would be a disaster to your lap times due to the long following straight. Half a second or more.:confused::(
Up to Top Gear shut up Clarkson. :roflmao: Down to 2nd gear soon after the curb on the left that sticks out from the wall. Going wide ish entry taking a late apex watch out possible spin out. Be sure to use exit kerb on the left as you go up the hill in to 3rd gear.

Trash control I use 3% but you can go down to zero and even up to 7% or more. I suppose this will depend on your throttle control.

Anyway I hope that's understandable and I'm sorry if it's not.
Have fun have a good race keep it clean and always leave the room.
One more thing and nearly forgot here is my latest setup which I managed to get just over another 3/10 out of. I'm not saying it's any more stable but it is quicker. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT BRIDGE LB 4 .svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I was off yesterday and just caught up after I'd posted. :(

Thanks, I will embarrass you by using your setup and still coming last t:whistling:
Well Mr Kenny I do have a couple of hours available and if it's ok with you I'll be more than happy to make a set up at let's a little bit more driver friendly. As my only alternative is vacuuming and I don't like vacuuming I also don't like root canals.:roflmao:

PS : I've decided I'm doing it anyway:roflmao: Couldn't figure out how to turn the vacuum on. No matter how hard I stared at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back