RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling a bit tonight guys so may only do the first race. Obviously I will understand if I have to give up my slot (if you're oversubscribed) for people who want to race both.

Last edited:
Excellent night of racing tonight, congrats to Steve for a hat-trick tonight, such a good feeling when you do that..:thumbsup: Also great racing with other Steve and Cyrille, and all others as well..Such a physical track..:sleep:

That was some pretty intense racing, especially in the second race. Got to know the rear bumper of @Stephen Gibb's car real well ;) I'll upload the second race if it's OK.

Apologies to @Piotr Dul for that incident near the end of the first race. I don't think it was my fault, really, but I still tried to wait for you anyway, 'cause I didn't want our little fight to end like that, but only halfway through the next lap, I've realized the car I let through wasn't you... :redface:

Thanks for the races! :thumbsup:

Apologies to @Piotr Dul for that incident near the end of the first race. I don't think it was my fault, really, but I still tried to wait for you anyway, 'cause I didn't want our little fight to end like that, but only halfway through the next lap, I've realized the car I let through wasn't you... :redface:

No worries that was my fault anyway, I'm the one who should apologize.

• Deleted member 387850

Thx for tonight race. Not good for me but after my break it was not that bad in particular
that I was driving Alfa :D. Of course sorry @suspectmonkey for hit but I could not do anything. Once again thx and good night

No problem Piotrek, it was a tight train of cars on a tight circuit and I'd a few near misses myself!

Unfortunately both races were ones to forget for me! In Race 1 I miscalculated my fuel and left myself 2 litres short. Going onto the final lap I realised I wasn't going to make it so had to dive into the pits, probably giving @FeltHat a small heartattack as I cut across for pit entry! Then after an unfortunate coming together in Race 2 I just wasn't in the right head space to finish the race so returned to the pits and parked it. Literally the first time I've not finished a race since starting over a year ago!

I'm not sure why, but I seem to be hideously off the pace in WTCR. This was only my second race with them, and I actually love the WTCC cars, but I just haven't gelled with WTCR yet. That said, I've never raced at Zanvoort before and I seemed to be giving up a boat load of time in the middle sector so it's probably less to do with the class and more to do with my lack of track knowledge!

Zandvoort can be a test Jon, it's a physical track and even more so with the WTCR cars, the main thing I always found with this track is don't over drive it, or it will bite you, for the most of it there is one driving line but on certain corners and some of the middle sector there are more than one, it's abit like Sonoma in many ways.

• Deleted member 387850

Zandvoort can be a test Jon, it's a physical track and even more so with the WTCR cars, the main thing I always found with this track is don't over drive it, or it will bite you, for the most of it there is one driving line but on certain corners and some of the middle sector there are more than one, it's abit like Sonoma in many ways.

Thanks Mark! Funny you should say that as Sonoma is another circuit I just don't get along with :D At Zandvoort I think T8, 9 and 10 are where I really struggle, especially 9 and 10 as the circuit is very wide at that point and it's hard to know where to place your car. Also find it particularly hard to spot my braking point into T10! I'll have to watch a few onboards and see if I can spot where I'm going wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%