EU WTCR 2018 @ Macau - Tues 04Sep18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Aug 31, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 04-09-18
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Okay here comes trouble:p:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. dmatika

dmatika
    Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    in please.... first race in r3e:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +711
    Can I still race if I can only make it for race 2? If so, sign me up. If not, I understand

4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Not a problem, I will change warmup to a second qually so you can get in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +711
    Thanks Kenny

6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Welcome to the RaceRoom club.
    Any questions just ask on TS during practice.:thumbsup:

7. pabletux

pabletux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    Hi, please sign me off for this one, impossible for me :( already signed for the next one! :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Okay and thanks for letting us know.

9. Werner Gillespie

Werner Gillespie
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi guys, I am going to have to withdraw from this one - I am stuck with a bad cold and am quite badly under the influence of anti-histamines. Not really safe for the other guys on track lol. Enjoy - hopefully I am good for Thursday night's one on the same track.

• Beer Beer x 2
  10. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Hope you feel better soon Werner:)

11. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +194
    Sorry guys, but I don't have time to participate tonight, still expecting a few work-related calls unfortunately...

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Okay thanks for letting us know.

13. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    Sign me up please

• Like Like x 1
  14. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    To anyone with VR: Is it possible to get the ingame wheel (and hands) to rotate more than 360 degrees?

15. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    Any of you do anything special with the launch control? I swear my reaction time was better than the guys around me for race 2 but still had a way worse start.

16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Nothing special, it tells you what you need to do. Stay in neutral, push the button and hold it. It will tell you to step on the throttle, give it full throttle while still holding the button. It will shift to first and rev to about 75 %. On green light (but apparently you can also do it before going green due to how Raceroom starts work) let go off the button and keep throttle floored. As long as you don't lift, the car will accelerate and even change gears for you. If you lift at any point, you're back to full manual controls.

17. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    A challenging track where you're fighting to stay off the walls as well as your opponents.
    Congrats to both well deserved podiums and thanks to all who attended.
    And for the first time in a long time no Tuesday disconnects. Yay.:D

• Like Like x 2
  18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Which reminds me, apologies for that crash in race 1 in T2, I got a bit too eager trying to gain an advantage over @Jopamir and clipped a wall at full speed, which sent me spinning with little control :( I was cursing myself too, we had a nice fight and I think I got a chance, and that mistake cost me pretty much everything.

Sadly enough, I had another incident in R2 in the very same corner, but this time pretty much right at the start of the race with @Ranj1977. Reviewing the replay, I guess I didn't really do anything wrong there, except perhaps being a bit too cheeky, and probably didn't have to wait. But I wasn't sure at that point, and I also didn't want to leave Ranj alone far behind the rest of the field. And it was kinda fun trying to catch up - I managed to close the gap to the next car from around 18 seconds after the incident to around 4.5 at the finish line, which I was quite happy with, given the many mistakes I did during the race.

I'm still kinda disappointed with myself, as I felt like I had a solid pace for once (yeah, I know, WTF, you belong to the back...thanks, guys! :p), but hey, fun was had, so ultimately, mission accomplished I guess ;)

Thanks for the race :thumbsup: Stream VOD on my channel as always, but...yeah.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    You don't have to hold the LC button down, press LC, depress throttle, release LC and wait for the lights, keep ones foot fully depressed until braking point!

20. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    I guess the Alfa just doesn't have the traction or power then, given how you and Jonas had way better starts than me. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.