EU WTCR 2018 @ Laguna Seca - Tues 18Sep18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Sep 12, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 18-09-18
  1. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    Buggered if I know..... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,530
    Nothing like last-minute technical difficulties to really set the mood. :D
    First I lost the mics, then I lost sound. Then I got the sound back, but the wheel wasn't working.
    Dear Microsoft.....Will you kindly stop screwing with my computer?
    *sigh*
    I gotta say.....Not being able to join in on TS is like being alone in your apartment while there's a really great party going on next door. :p

Anyway, all that aside, it was a very fun evening.
    Surprised myself (and probably everyone else as well) by actually having decent pace in a FWD.
    Obviously that didn't stop me from screwing myself over in both races. :roflmao:

Whoever hit me in the first race in the first few corners, don't worry about it.
    The guy in front of me lost the rear, and I had to stomp on the brakes to avoid him. Didn't really leave you much of a choice. :)

@Martin Fiala Sorry about that overtake in the corkscrew. That was a little reckless. :(

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    First race was fun, though I felt kinda bad overtaking @kamackeris at the end there, making that mistake at the end of the penultimate lap even more costly for you after all that effort, but at the same time, I didn't want to just hand the position to you either...

Second race not as much, it was a bit wild at the start with multiple three wide situations all within like the first two or three corners. I wish races started on like second or third lap, I just don't handle the first lap well at all, most of the time I lose several spots and then spend the rest of the race trying to make up for it, usually unsuccessfully. And then there was also what seemed like an incident with @Mauricio256 - we were side by side on the main straight, I was looking to the right to see where he is, not noticing I'm veering off the track, then swerved slightly to the right to correct my direction...and the next thing I see is we are no longer side by side and I see him crashing in my mirrors. I wasn't sure if it was my fault, so I eventually decided to slow down and wait, because I just couldn't think of a scenario where I wouldn't be at least somewhat responsible. I'm still not sure what happened there, looking at the replay seems like it might not have been my fault after all as the slide kinda starts a bit before my swerve I think, but if I was responsible somehow, then I'm sorry, the swerve really wasn't intentional at all.

I thought it was a bit cheeky, but wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Andrew Leach

Andrew Leach

Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers for the racing all, was awesome! Don't know why I don't do it more often

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Magnus Stjerneby

Magnus Stjerneby
    Simracing is Fun 4 Real Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    sorry i missed this race today

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Never mind, there's always next week:D

6. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    My deepest apologies chaps, dosed up a couple hours before the race and woke up at 7:37am this morning :rolleyes: Have made a mental note, reduce dose for Thursday! :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Any chance of you sending me some, I'd kill for a sleep like that;)

8. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.