RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might actually try driving something other than the Capri for a change. :p I seem to be doing well in new cars since I got back to racing. That's assuming my router and VR hold up of course... :unsure:

#greenwoodchallenge?
i-w5RpNpF.gif

Good evening gentlemen.
This is not a complaint or criticism more of an observation. I really do think some of you guys are regular in this club can and should share your setups.
If you're in the top 10 or within three quarters of a second of that top spot it is worthy of being shared. I say this with confidence as some have managed to go faster with my own setup then myself. And I do speak of that son of a b**** @Steve Le Gallez for one.:roflmao: and that proves that by my sharing is made somebody go a little bit faster than they normally have would have done. And for me that makes me feel good. Even though I know it's detrimental to my race result. Like I said I'm not complaining or bitching I just would like to see a little bit more set up sharing. You have setups that are just is worthy as mine to share. As they may click very well with somebody else beside yourself. Just like that b**** I mentioned earlier.:roflmao: Not to mention it's a good community spirit thing to do.

Have a good race have fun keep it clean. Here is mine for the Honda.

Attachments

• HONDA-CIVIC-TCR LAGUNA SECA GP LB 3.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
When it comes to setting up a car I'm an idiot so either racing default or using something I found here or there.
Here is a setup for my HYUNDAI i30 which I found at Jardier's community (found a setup not a car :roflmao: ):

Attachments

• HYUNDAI_LAFGUNA.svm
    6.3 KB · Views: 208
But does that get you a position in the top 10 because I can't see you on the leaderboard, @FaltHat it can't be that bad then it doesn't even register. :confused: I say this because it doesn't take much to get past you on the circuit.:D so I think you should work on your setups. Maybe you can share your particular default setup so we all can be overtaken to. you know faster.:roflmao:

Last edited:
I ear your call Calv and im most honoured to share my setup for that 8th/LB (at the moment of writing at least.... eheheh:p)
Hope it helps someone somehow;)
Cheers

Attachments

• HONDA CIVIC TCR LAGUNA SECA V5.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 173
I'd love to join some day... but my experience is overthrown by a five year old, who cannot even reach the pedals... I'm a road hazard from my living room...
When are the lessons for R3E starting (again)? (I read something about that on the forum).
Also need some advise(s) on tuning (a) car(s).
Where do I start? Or who is willing to help an old sod?

I ear your call Calv and im most honoured to share my setup for that 8th/LB (at the moment of writing at least.... eheheh:p)
Hope it helps someone somehow;)
Cheers
I appreciate your sharing, apparently, some certain others.
For the simple reason setup may actually work better for others than you're own. And that's something that everybody should consider at least once or twice to find out if your setups will work with them.
Thanks M8.

Last edited:
But does that get you a position in the top 10 because I can't see you on the leaderboard, @FaltHat it can't be that bad then it doesn't even register. :confused: I say this because it doesn't take much to get past you on the circuit.:D so I think you should work on your setups. Maybe you can share your particular default setup so we all can be overtaken to. you know faster.:roflmao:

I didn't try Leaderboard challange at Laguna nor Monza. Setup for Monza (from the same source) was very fast but I was struggling handling the car with -10 wing through Parabolica. Took me whole practice session + quali (done only one clean lap) and 2-3 laps of the first race to finally control the car. But since then it was bloody fast :D
This one for Laguna is similar: -10 wing, difficult to control but with gentle, sensitive inputs pretty fast. The only problem I'm having for last week or two is my wheel base slides off the desk from time to time and my right foot from throttle pedal which is super annoying :mad:

When are the lessons for R3E starting (again)?
That's the driver academy. :) They run periodically in various sims, and are hosted by Bram. There probably won't be one for a few weeks as he is currently running the Mini league. Perhaps when that's finished.

Also need some advise(s) on tuning (a) car(s).
A tip... forget about tuning and setups for now. Concentrate on getting your driving abilities up to scratch first. Setups are more of an "next level" thing to extract the last few tenths out of your car, not something that is integral to a rookie. The default setups in R3E are ok, so work with them for now.

Where do I start? Or who is willing to help an old sod?
All of us. All you need to do is join one of our club races! Don't worry about your ability levels. The clubs are here for learning, not competition, and are full of people that will happily help you with tips and advice on how to improve. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%