EU WTCR 2018 @ Indianapolis - Tues 16Oct18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, Oct 6, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 16-10-18
  1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    What browser are you using?

2. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    System isn't letting me into the race, nor can I get onto the Raceroom website. Will keep trying....

Can't even get on Teamspeak. Says there is a server error.

3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Okay I will check but all seemed okay.

4. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    Well, I finally got onto Raceroom and I can get into the "Multiplayer" to enter the race but it is telling me that I don't own the Indy track, which I do, and in fact I own all of the tracks. It wants 299 VRP from me to get onto the track.
    Just checked the R3e store again and it indicates that I don't own ANY tracks OR ANY CARS so there's obviously a problem with their server. Afraid I'll have to sit this one out.

5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Okay Mike you are not alone with this problem.
    There seems to be RaceRoom server problem for some people

6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,501
    Sector3 really need to invest in their servers and fix the issue as they have been having multiple problems since the launch of this title.

7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    I didn't expect much from tonight's racing, especially following practice, but turned out it was actually a fun couple of races with some pretty close racing as well :thumbsup:

Have to apologize for the starts, though, as both times, I was a bit too eager to get ahead with slower cars in front of me and did some fairly impatient and inconsiderate moves. Also apologies to @Piotr Dul for that bump in T1 in the second race, ran out of skill there...

Here's my races - race 1 starts at around 20:00 minute mark, race 2 starts at around 47:30 mark:

Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    Thanks guys, told you Indianapolis makes for good racing, congrats to both podiums.
    Thanks to all who helped with the testing and commiserations to those who got caught up in the R3E server shenanigans.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    Well Kenny Paton I have to disagree intently, now whether I brought a bad vibe with me or Indy really is just a :poop:hole.
    Nearly 2 seconds off the pace in qualifying, great start! :rolleyes:
    Like a bullet off the line in race one, made up loads of places and settled into the race, short lived, punted into the litter, eventually got back on track only to get punted again. Spent rest of race trying to improve my lap times to no avail. :(
    Drastic setup changes for race 2, feels better in warm up, :thumbsup:
    Another good start (or poor from others) and again made up places, things were feeling far better, good grip, more stable, just about keeping up with the front 3, made a small error in turn 1 and lost 100yrds but holding my pace, BOOM rear ended, through the litter all the way to the barrier. Back to practice, practice, PRACTICE, never want to see the place again! :thumbsdown:
    Thursday is the Moto circuit, same old :poop: just round the other way. :rolleyes: If I can get a bit of practice in and a setup I may leave my name in, if I can't then I'd best sit this one out, for everyone's sanity.
    Now next week with Bathurst is a little more like it, not that I've been anywhere near it in a WTCR car, so could be just as pathetic again!
    Jeez man, will you drop the bad vibes already! :cool:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    It was great evening for me guys. Even I was extremely tired after late finish work. Just quickly switched from my Ford Mustang... ehm... I mean, Ford Transit :p into my racing rig (some say it's a sim rig). Didn't have time for official practice and couldn't even properly test setups sent to me by @Jopamir . My qualy was more as an extended practice session. And my goal for a race was just driving safe. This is not my track anyway and I switched from Peugeot 308 to Honda Civic as I felt it was more stable and wanted to learn car more and a fairly new track. To my surprise I had a very good start for the first race (from back of the grid) and quickly found myself at around 5th position. Been driving most of the race at 5th-6th, with lots of action from @FeltHat , @praxtonio , @Martin Fiala and @Wayne Douglas. Great racing guys this was awesome :D Finally finished 8th and very happy with it as raced very consistent laps, with only few minor mistakes.
    Second race not so good. I messed up my start, dropped to the back, race at around 9th position when finally nearly end of the race went to wide, off track which cost me my position. Finished 10th or 11th if I'm correct but I was so tired during second race that I don't remember that.
    Thanks you guys for great racing and @Martin Fiala don't worry about a contact I don't even remember that.
    @Jopamir thanks again for your setups and tips ;)

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.