RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does "mandatory pitstops" require fuel and tires or just fuel? Just tires?
Two tires minimum, everything else is up to you. With these cars fuel is not recommended to take on because it makes the stop about twice as long.

We have to take our van to the dealer. I can't race. The transmission was smoking. Couldn't get above 40 mph. I am truly sorry. I bet it's going to be about 5000 USD.
Signed Out

I am gonna have to drop out of this one, have fun guys
Signed Out

Well that was work!
Thanks David for taking this on. Its just great to have US time zone races and the 40 min. is perfect.

As for the race I never was able to come to grip's ;) with the dam brakes and just couldn't get the car up into the mid pack. Started dead last but thats cool. Race start went really well until I tried to slip past someone on the down hill left hander and got fore armed into the grass. But that was my fault I thought I may have caught him sleeping...not. Anyway the race was going good made some passes got some luck from others mistakes and was sitting nice in 10 or 11 then I boxed the car for fuel only and again the pit crew changed the tires that I did not want? and didn't put any fuel in SERIOUSLY !

This is the 2nd time with a live RR race this has happened?? So once I calmed down and fired the entire crew over the radio I made my way up to P-8 but then had to do the all I could to manage fuel to the end running out on the last lap after the last turn and to make it worse I was DQed?? Should be DNF not Dqed. I gotta figure out this Pit stop BS??

What a race, raise of hands of those that didn't have a spin, a big slide, a run off..well it was a handful and by the chatter I think these cars became a little more liked by the end.
FReD winners for week 1 are:
sc4dr
emarchena
johndough247

See you all next week.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gto-classics-mid-ohio-tue-16-jul-2019.170474/

Well I'm glad I won something LOL thanks for the credits David, we had a few nice battles...the car definitely grew on me as time passed, had I not done some practice laps earlier today it would have been a different story.

Being fairly new/rusty, I'd never done a race that needed a pitstop so I had no idea how the pit stop presets worked; Didn't realise you have to click on the fuel amount to turn it green (again this is in the pit stop presets, not during the race) for it to be an automatic refuel. I assumed it was like all the other sims, where if it shows a specific fuel amount that's what you'll get, no addition action required (I had 36 Liters set). Well, lesson learned, went from 2nd to 12th since I attempted pitting 3 times :roflmao:...excited for next week's race...see you guys then!

I took fronts only, and although neither really needed it, I should have changed all four as it felt a little unbalanced after the PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 171 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%