RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@David DeGreef This is awesome start for the giveaway, unfortunately I have an issue that will prevent me from participating in any upcoming events until its been solved (hopefully wont take long).

PS: for who wants to know why? its because this weekend I scheduled my self to flush my water cooling loop and do the switch from soft tube to hard tube and change some minor components.

After draining the loop and flushing components, I found out that the new parts some of them are wrong and some are missing, after throwing my previous soft tubing there is no option for me even going back, so until I can solve this issue with the reseller or find a quicker alternatives my PC wont be running. :(

Reactions: DND
Sorry Rad I thought I was closing Crew Chief and it was Teamspeak. I need to get this opening closing apps done a bit better:O_o::redface:

@David DeGreef This is awesome start for the giveaway, unfortunately I have an issue that will prevent me from participating in any upcoming events until its been solved (hopefully wont take long).

PS: for who wants to know why? its because this weekend I scheduled my self to flush my water cooling loop and do the switch from soft tube to hard tube and change some minor components.

After draining the loop and flushing components, I found out that the new parts some of them are wrong and some are missing, after throwing my previous soft tubing there is no option for me even going back, so until I can solve this issue with the reseller or find a quicker alternatives my PC wont be running. :(
Thanks for the heads up, if you get your rig back up and running before Tuesday I'll get you back in. Otherwise we'll see you soon.

Hate to miss this race if I have a chance to beat up on @Dirk Steffen; the Official Factory Jackass TM
:D. Please sign me up and hope that I can figure out R3E again. I have almost all the content but wouldn't you know, I don't have this car! I will let you know the livery when I have one, Thanks!
JackAssPorsche.jpg

Hate to miss this race if I have a chance to beat up on @Dirk Steffen; the Official Factory Jackass TM
:D. Please sign me up and hope that I can figure out R3E again. I have almost all the content but wouldn't you know, I don't have this car! I will let you know the livery when I have one, Thanks!
View attachment 313994
Hahah ;-)

Keith, if you (or anyone else) needs any help I can provide just let me know.
I am very new with Raceroom after a looooong hiatus so I too have to re-learn how everything works and may run into issues along the way.

Here is just a few things I ran into you may find helpful (in no particular order):
- Steam still has a summer sale with steep discounts until I believe the 10.July - you may get R3E content discounted this way if you still need to buy the car or liveries

- loading times of Raceroom can be veeeeeeeeeeeeeery long depending on internet connection, so let it sit, make a coffee, mow the lawn, paint the shed, wash the car, marry, have kids, send them to university, make another coffee and you should be good to go ;-)

- make sure you set up your FFB (the FFB options work in some ways quite different from other racing sims, spend some time to get them right for you as they are highly adjustable in a myriad of ways)

- spend a little time with the car setup menu and save a solid setup you like (not much you can do to the Cup Porsche in Raceroom really, so time is spent best on the track getting used how the car behaves in Raceroom - the default suspension alignment is a solid start, so no need to tinker much here)

- the race is setup with a mandatory pitstop - I don't know anything about this in Raceroom but from what I read it works very different from Assetto Corsa. In order to satisfy a legal mandatory pitstop you have to change a minimum of 2 tires - re-fueling is not necessary for the mandatory pitstop. As re-fueling and tire changes apparently are performed in sequence in Raceroom (not simultaneously) you want to carry fuel for the ENTIRE race and not refuel in order to not waste time in the pits (make sure to map a pit limiter button to not accidentally speed in the pits or run over the favorite cat of the race director).

- make sure to setup your pitstop (it is a separate saved profile, NOT like in AC included in your setup)

- make sure to setup all pitstop related buttons to your steering wheel (pit request, pit menu, up, down, increase, decrease, enter) and familiarize yourself how the pit-menu works - if you don't do that you may find yourself stranded in the race not being able to perform the pitstop to requirements

I will most likely later today and perhaps tomorrow morning be with the Hooligans and be doing a few laps in Raceroom - maybe we can have a chat then if you like.

Cheers and be looking forward carrying your weight in this race:

You are on the grid sir. Thanks to @Dirk Steffen for all great information. For purchasing content, as well as other how to's check out these.

Well @Dirk Steffen I can't think of a better way to get around the track fast than have you carry me on your back!!:thumbsup: Looking forward to it. I just got in on the sale and fortunately had about 3000 VRP left over from a 10,000 package I bought a couple of years ago. Thanks for the updates and last time I raced in R3E I learned about the pit stop when I got into the pit and couldn't figure out how to get some fuel:cautious: I will make sure to test this first this time. Looking forward to it, Keith Thanks @David DeGreef for putting this on and giving me a reason to give Raceroom a bit of a go again.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%