EU WTCR 2018 @ Indianapolis - Thu 18Oct18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kenny Paton, Oct 6, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 18-10-18
  1. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    Well, I didn't have high hopes since this was a new track for me and I did just about as expected but actually finished higher than I deserved in the first race due to fuel issues with 2 of the guys in front of me. Second race wasn't too bad and managed to stay on the track for most of it.

My apologies to @paulbee058 and @dmatika for not being much of a challenge when you got by me. I give it my best but I just don't have the competitive skills to give anyone a good battle so I just try to keep from doing anything stupid to ruin both of our races.

Anyway, here's my video of the races.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    So now you've joined the Steve Le Gallez fuel setup club, welcome:D

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. paulbee058

paulbee058
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    @Mike Wyatt I thoroughly enjoy the battles, be they brief or protracted. To be fair I don't think you were off the pace. I was absolutely on limit, so there was nothing left in the tank - quite literally....

The only place where I made any kind of time on you was that tricky fast first corner and it took me an hour's practice on Saturday just to get that corner somewhere near ok and I think you were a little quicker through the rest of that first sector

Might be a whole different story at Bathurst. I just can't seem to get to grips with that circuit.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +350
    Indianapolis can go suck donkey cock in hell.
    Just a brief summing up of 4 races over 2 evenings. :sleep:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    I enjoyed our time together too, short as it was...:p and yeah, I guess my pace wasn't too far off but I always felt like I was out of control, especially on that first turn. Thought I had it solved earlier in the week after lots of practice but came race time and I just couldn't find the right line to keep the tail end from drifting on me.

I'm with you too on Bathurst. Takes me 10 tries to get one clean lap on that course with these cars. It's challenging to say the least and like @Martin Fiala said, maybe not the enjoyable type of challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    I did try that combo and actually take that back. A lot more enjoyable for me than this was, at least during practice. (And also when I try ignore how stupidly fast Steve is ;))

But I do race at Bathurst quite a lot, so that might definitely have something to do with it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,955
    @Lars Hansen tutored me on Bathurst some years ago, and it made such a difference always felt comfortable after that.

8. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +626
    Well, I'll probably sign up anyway but I sure could use some of that comfort level. Can you package some up and email it to me?:p

• Haha Haha x 2
  9. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +135
    I'm sorry for rage quiting last night but I just couldn't made it after collision with @FeltHat car. During practice and qualification I couldn't find rhythm on this track, the GP layout wasn't so bad but this one is just awful. Had a not bad start but made mistake on braking before turn 2 and overshoot it straight onto the grass, luckily didn't collect anyone so no harm done. After that quickly returned onto the track but unfortunately couldn't avoid collision with @FeltHat car after his incident with @Yetch if I'm correct (not sure on this one) wich send me straight into the barrier outside the track. After that I was so furious that i it was no sense for me to even try back into the race.
    To summarize I hate this track so much, especially Moto layout of it that I wish i won't see it, hear about it or be in proximity of 100 miles of it ever again.
    Anyway, I'm starting preparations for Bathurst (flight booked and nearly done packing :p) and hope to see you guys down under next week ;)

• Beer Beer x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.