RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
FFB always gets kind of weird everytime there´s a patch to the game I have to tinkle it around everytime to get it right(?!)
I get back to the idea that it be a much better approach by Sector3 (hello @Alex Hodgkinson ;)) regarding FFB to slim down all the options available.
Please Sector3, I love R3E, I think it goes better every day, but as far as FFB is considered, I think "Less is More". Pleas guys, go simple like most of the other sims go, and just let it be some options maybe for Strength and Dampening (an "richness" of effects?!).
As for all of the restant myriad of variables, it cannot be us, the gaming punter, to know whether the correct feeling for that car, must be more to the "Vertical Load" or "Horizontal load" or split, or kerbs or rack or tyres or ,or , .... you get the idea...
Should be a Developers job I think, to get it right for that Wheel (or other periphal)/Car/Track. At most the gamer should be able to change, as said before, the Strength/Dampening b/c not all of us have enough strong rigs to endure some levels of Force:p
If you think about it, just to set the wheel up right ( Fanatec CSW V2 here), you Have to:
1- Get it right at the Windows' driver - ok, just 2 variables
2- Get it right at the wheel itself - loads of ways to get it wrong here
3- Get it right at R3E FFB menu - loooooads of ways to get it wrong here :)cautious::(:O_o:)
4- get it right at the car setup - ok, there should be the place to tinker it :thumbsup:

And in the end, w/ so much variables to move around, and although eventually you get it to feel "right", you will never know if that is the way the Car SHOULD feel anyway:(:(:(...:cry:

Sounds to me like Fanatec gear is almost as much fun as direct drive to get working (and almost as expensive), and not just in Raceroom. Lately it seems like all I see is either Fanatec or DD owners complaining about things not working for them in various games...

I get back to the idea that it be a much better approach by Sector3 (hello @Alex Hodgkinson ;)) regarding FFB to slim down all the options available.

But what is there to slim down? There's not that many options and the defaults, at least for the TM and Logitech wheels (the two I have direct experience with) are pretty decent IMO, all you really need is to tone down some of the canned effects that don't come from physics anyway, anything else is just finetuning to personal preference. So maybe the answer is providing better defaults for Fanatec if that's not the case, not taking away the few settings there are.

Well all I did with the Force Feedback was turn up the multiplier by about 50% all seems ok by me. But due to recent discussions on the subject I should probably have a more of a serious look. As I find having your Force Feedback as best you can possibly get it certainly contributes in setting up your car.
As for the sound yeah not that good a bit below the usual excellent standard. But I feel sure it will be improved.

Last edited:
turn up the multiplier by about 50%
:O_o: Aren't you clipping like half of the time, if not more? The default multiplier settings are usually already on the limit of clipping in situations where you are supposed to be on the limit of clipping, so raising it that much sounds pretty extreme.

We'll.... Can't quite believe the games just crashed out on me. Never had it happen before with R3E

Up in to the lead and thoroughly enjoying the effort and suddenly I'm staring at my desktop

Is there a log of some kind that can be checked to try and determine what happened?

:O_o: Aren't you clipping like half of the time, if not more? The default multiplier settings are usually already on the limit of clipping in situations where you are supposed to be on the limit of clipping, so raising it that much sounds pretty extreme.
Yes but very little maybe once or twice in a lap if I've taken too much curb combine with an over reaction.
Anything left on my settings and I will not get the feeling of the rest of the track where there is no clipping but all the same I keep it on the edge and maybe a little beyond.
Basic settings are.
Thrustmaster postfile for the t300rs with F1 add on.
75% Force Feedback
100% Constant
100% Periodic
Everything else zero.

In game settings.
Force Feedback steering and intensity 100%.
Smoothing 2 or 3%.
Understeer 80%
Vertical load 44%can be up to 46%
Lateral Force 44% can be up to 47%
Slip effect 60%
Engine vibration 0%
Kerb vibration 2 or 3%
Shift effect 0%
FFB multiplier anything between 2.2 and 2.8 is usually good for me.
The basic settings that I use. Which get changed from time to time pending on the car and track combo. As I do believe in most simulators including this one the force feedback is not consistent throughout the entire simulator. And this is where the ffb multiplier comes in handy.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 6919

TC 3/4 on the KTM is exactly what I was using, 3 for the most but would use 4 for abit more of a kick.
The qualifying and race was good fun, alot more than I thought it would be, a few more drivers would of been better, physically this combo was a test especially the amount of laps, congrats to Rad and Steve for their podiums, can we have a bigger track next time..:p

• Deleted member 6919

Yes but very little maybe once or twice in a lap if I've taken too much curb combine with an over reaction.
Anything left on my settings and I will not get the feeling of the rest of the track where there is no clipping but all the same I keep it on the edge and maybe a little beyond.
Basic settings are.
Thrustmaster postfile for the t300rs with F1 add on.
75% Force Feedback
100% Constant
100% Periodic
Everything else zero.

In game settings.
Force Feedback steering and intensity 100%.
Smoothing 2 or 3%.
Understeer 80%
Vertical load 44%can be up to 46%
Lateral Force 44% can be up to 47%
Slip effect 60%
Engine vibration 0%
Kerb vibration 2 or 3%
Shift effect 0%
FFB multiplier anything between 2.5 and 2.8 is usually good for me.
The basic settings that I use. Which get changed from time to time pending on the car and track combo. As I do believe in most simulators including this one the force feedback is not consistent throughout the entire simulator. And this is where the ffb multiplier comes in handy.
I've had to lower the vertical/lateral forces a fair bit and raise the ffb intensity and that seems to have brought my wheel back in again, strange really.

Hurry up and sort your well warn thumb out Cal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%