RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not meant to be discouragement, but encouragement so please take it as such.

Those cars are difficult to drive. They do not have anti-lag, ABS, Stability Control, ect...You will have to stay on your toes as you test. Be aware that the turbo's will have lag (the turbo is still spooling thus not giving power) and when that lag ends you will have a rocket on your hands. Be prepared and do not power out of corners until you are confident you can anticipate and account for lag. Once you do that you can tromp on the accelerator to your hearts content.

The Mustang, on the other hand, is wild coming out of a corner because the torque is NOW! Never tromp on the accelerator unless your front wheels are straight and you are hanging on tight.

The brakes are not the best compared to newer cars so you must account for that. Also suspensions are a but different.

Take it easy until you get some seat time under your belt in these cars. It will not take long to learn but it will take a long time to master. Be patient. If you get discouraged grab a newer car (GT3 woudl be best) and use it to learn how to drive the track then go back with the TA cars and adjust accordingly.

You could be a unicorn for all we know, and kick our butts. No way to know unless you are in there. Good luck!

The Mustang is a handful! Very hard to get a clean lap.
Thanks for the tip on using a newer gen car to learn the track, Ill try that tomorrow.
Based on today's results I'm more of an anti-unicorn. :O_o:

@brc19 I own the Hyper Cloud Alpha headphones and ran the race with these guys last Tuesday night. The most of them said my mic was strong and clear. So you should not have trouble. Remember to check your mic levels in Settings for windows. There is also adjustments in Teamspeak for volume of other players under the Tools tab. Thanks to @David DeGreef for that heads up.
Good luck to all when the lights go out.

@brc19 Don't try to be fast from the outset. Learn the track slowly and the speed will come. If you do lap after lap it becomes more natural to drive the car on the track.
Perfect practice makes practice perfect.

I think this is the perfect race to start on! You have a great built in excuse if things don't go right:D Just do some practice with the AI and see if somebody has a reasonably stable setup. Dont try to win, just have a good time and enjoy the ride. If we can't keep out of the way then too bad for us and that is racing. It's a club race and there is no better place to get your feet wet. When David gets the server up make sure to practice on the actual server and if somebody else is out there practice racing against them. Use team speak and I'm sure whoever is on there can give you a bit of help if you need it or at least some practice. Make sure to practice the starts and also the pit stops and it will get rid of a lot of frustration. Most of all, drive slow enough to keep the car on the track and have some fun!!:) (we all started somewhere)

That's a great excuse - how many races can I use it? :roflmao:
Headset arrives tomorrow. I'll get it set up on TS and add the additional recommended s/w.

Count me in! Last night's race was a blast. After my "first" pit stop Efrain and I were dicing it up pretty good with neither getting any real advantage. While I want to win, racing like that, no matter your position, makes it fun!

Gotta practice my pit stops though. Since I refuse to hold myself accountable I will blame my team engineer for the screw up that required me to pit three times.
Oh man! It was a great race almost three laps side to side accion.

Could i sign up without renewing my dues yet? payday is a week away and things are very tight right now.

also .. is auto transmission allowed? i had elbow ulnar nerve surgery which is making manual shifting very difficult has i can't really drive well with my left hand yet.

Oh man! It was a great race almost three laps side to side accion.

Every time I undercut you on a turn I thought that the pass was made and then you would come back and get me.

It did not matter where I was, racing with you made me feel as if we were racing for the win.

Could i sign up without renewing my dues yet? payday is a week away and things are very tight right now.

also .. is auto transmission allowed? i had elbow ulnar nerve surgery which is making manual shifting very difficult has i can't really drive well with my left hand yet.

You hurt the elbow playing guitar?

I'm interested but I may not have answer until tonight. To many things keep happening to me last minute.

I already, as I have investigated, that I need to replace my Transmission seal and the Transmission Control Solenoid on my Wife's van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 120 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 306 27.6%