RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, this was a long race! My plan was to do a two stopper from the get-go, I'm not a fan of tyre management, but I had a little scare when I joined the practice session, because tyre deg seemed to be higher on the softs compared to my private testing. I quickly moderated my front camber settings and hoped for the best.

I knew that starting from the top 3 would be essential for making my strategy work, but qualy surpassed my expectations as I qualified on the front row ahead of Steve.:)

Start was good, but then I made a small mistake in the slow right hander, the outer kerb pulled me to the left and I cut across the track in front of @Steve Le Gallez on the next corner entry, I'm sorry about that!

During my first stint, I was really hoping the guys behind me are also on two stops, because I was unable to build the necessary ~15 second gap before my first tyre change. But luckily, everyone pitted earlier than I did.

On my second stint, I was chasing @DucMan888 who was staying out on the mediums, I had a significant pace advantage on fresh softs and DRS made things way too easy, so I took back the lead in the middle of the stint.

The second scare of the evening came when I pitted for my second stop: I slowed down, hit the pit limiter, but then I pushed the throttle, the car jumped a little and speed went up to 85 km/h as I crossed the pit entry line... I thought, "well, that was weird..." and carried on... Aaaand I received a drive through for speeding in the pits.:rolleyes:

After surving the penalty, I was chasing Steve at the front like hell, but I just couldn't close the gap, but turns out he had other issues and had to make a third pitstop.

Congrats to every participant, especially @DucMan888 for making the one stop strategy work!:thumbsup: And thanks for organizing and broadcasting the event, I hope there will be more like this in the future.:)

Last edited:
As long as its only practice and a club race for fun, maybe we shouldn't make too much of a mistake like mine? Idk...
During the practice sessions there are no rules regarding track priority. Everyone has equal right to be on track and practising for their race, regardless of their pace. Please, in future do not sacrifice your own practice just to make way for others. It's up to them to safely pass you, not for you to compromise your own prep getting out of their way. To be honest, I don't even agree with the blue flags shown in practice sessions, and am happy for those to be completely ignored by everyone too.

But something went wrong: I was disqoed on the first lap back to the garage!
The only reason I can think of for that to happen is that you were DQ'd for cutting the track. There is no "steward" other than me, and given that I race in my own events I have no access to server controls. You need to be extra careful these days, because the days of the big banners warning you of a cut or penalty are gone. Now all you get is a line of text in the message box, which is incredibly easy to miss.

A big thank you to Mr @Joseph Wright for an excellent broadcast, brilliant job mate! :inlove:

During the practice sessions there are no rules regarding track priority. Everyone has equal right to be on track and practising for their race, regardless of their pace. Please, in future do not sacrifice your own practice just to make way for others. It's up to them to safely pass you, not for you to compromise your own prep getting out of their way. To be honest, I don't even agree with the blue flags shown in practice sessions, and am happy for those to be completely ignored by everyone too.

The only reason I can think of for that to happen is that you were DQ'd for cutting the track. There is no "steward" other than me, and given that I race in my own events I have no access to server controls. You need to be extra careful these days, because the days of the big banners warning you of a cut or penalty are gone. Now all you get is a line of text in the message box, which is incredibly easy to miss.

A big thank you to Mr @Joseph Wright for an excellent broadcast, brilliant job mate! :inlove:

Ok Ross thx.

To be honest, I don't even agree with the blue flags shown in practice sessions, and am happy for those to be completely ignored by everyone too.
I think RaceRoom only shows you blue flags in practice when you are on an out lap or invalidated lap, but the car behind has the clock running. As soon as you cross the finish line and start a timed lap, blue flags will be withdrawn regardless of your speed. So I think it's better to follow the signs in practice too.

I think RaceRoom only shows you blue flags in practice when you are on an out lap or invalidated lap, but the car behind has the clock running. As soon as you cross the finish line and start a timed lap, blue flags will be withdrawn regardless of your speed. So I think it's better to follow the signs in practice too.
That is when they're shown yes, but I still don't agree with them. It's a practice session, not qualy or the race. Timings mean nothing and nobodies day is being ruined because they have to wait to overtake a slower driver. Lets put it this way, I will not be admonishing or penalising anyone for ignoring them because there shouldn't be blues in free practice.

Well, what can I say !!
My strategy was to take 60 litres & two stops with softs. 2nd stop I got greedy thinking I could finish with less fuel so reduced the amount (Big Mistake)
What a fantastic race, huge congrats to @balage06 great driving mate, & Also @DucMan888 great strategy, & to all drivers for great driving. Big up to @Calvyn White , you were in the mix mate, what a shame getting a disconnect.
@Ross Garland , thanks for organising this great event & also I salute @Joseph Wright for the brilliant commentary & stream.
Let's do it all gain soon :)

Well I really looked forward to this race as these cars are great. But I screwed up the time conversion from EST which screwed up the entire day as had a bunch of stuff to do. But was able to scramble back in time.
I was never happy with the car on turn in ...mostly just could not get the front to grip. Started at the back but did well in the opening laps getting up 5 spots I think and then settled into a good 3 or 4 car fight which I led for a bit. But the dam front end bit me again and J Ulsrad got by but it was some good racing trying to get back to him. Good stuff J.U. while it lasted. I was gaining but got impatient and pushed too deep into the bus stop and that was that he started to really pull then a lap or 2 later going thru the middle of the bus stop someone who will remain nameless punted me from behind and that was that. Could have kept going but needed to hit the pits and just had no mind racing the next hour by my self.

But hope we can do it again and congrats to the winner and the podium. Also thank you admins for putting it all together as well as the broadcast. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

That was a fun battle for me too John (and with another car or two for a while), but too bad we didn't keep it going because I was by myself for quite awhile after that and just wishing I had somebody to battle with, since 90mins is a looong time to be running all by yourself down in 12th place. I too had one heck of difficult challenge getting into the race, as right when I joined practice nothing was working right... The pedals weren't picked up in the sim, so had to re-boot a couple of times to get that working, then my OSW FFB was all wacked out & acting strange, so re-booted again, and then my VR wasn't tracking quite right (never did get that fixed). Was it the heat maybe? I barely got in, just in time to do just 2 frantic laps of quali (and waaay off my usual lap times). Once the race started, I avoided the mess right at the start, but then got hit from behind a couple of times, and my car never quite felt as good as it did in practice all week. But the worst part of all (besides running inside a van on a 90deg day) was when I missed my pit stall on my first pit, came around againand pitted a 2nd time, but couldn't get tire change to work, and after more attempts at pitting, I was really getting frustrated. Finally just tried to carry on but then had a tire blow just as I was completing a lap with something like 20 mins to go.

But thanks once again to Ross and RD for putting this on (I hope to do more like this!) and of course congrats to all the top finishers... You guys all impressed me a great deal!

A good time had by most, wish there was another F1 circuit coming up on the calendar that we could all do this again....:cautious:
I know what you mean David... If only R3E had some more F1 tracks... Wouldn't it be great if they had something like 7 of the next 8 tracks on the F1 schedule? Man, with those options RD would just have to have another race (or 2, or 3) like this one. Oh well, we can only dream about it I guess... :cool:

Last edited:
I know what you mean David... If only R3E had some more F1 tracks... Wouldn't it be great if they had something like 7 of the next 8 tracks on the F1 schedule? Man, with those options RD would just have to have another race (or 2, or 3) like this one. Oh well, we can only dream about it I guess... :cool:
? We could do the next 6 grand prix as well (Red Bull Ring, Silverstone, Hockenheim, the Hungaroring, Spa and Monza are all available in R3E). We also have Shanghai, Imola, Indianapolis, the Nürburgring, Sepang and Suzuka which are all former or current F1 circuits. Zandvoort will join the calendar next year, we could race there too. That's almost a full calendar worth of locations and we have a great selection of tracks in top of that (for example, Portimao and Road America are perfect for the X-17 too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back