WTCR 18 vs WTCR 19

Which do people prefer? Personally its the 18 cars as they feel more alive and they seem to be a lot more driveable and move around more realistically. The 2019 cars just seem really neutral physics wise and no matter what diff settings etc i run on the 19 cars the instant you put throttle on or slightly turn the wheels and try to bring the power in out of a corner it will just light the front end up. Where as the 18 cars are more believable in how they behave.

This is proved when you have a go in the 2020 Cupra TCR in the competitions tab as that has brilliant turn in ability and you can set quick times straight out of the box.......might just be me but the 19 cars definitely feel as though something is off.

Placebo effect. The 2018/2019 cars are on the same physics. Initially they were different when the newer cars were released, but the 2018's were brought inline with the 2019's in a subsequent patch.
The 2018 WTCR car class physics have now been brought equal to the freshly released 2019 cars, and the Peugeot has been balanced accordingly.
We're using the 2019's in the WTCR Series right now, and they feel fine to me. Better than the 2018's did on release, that's for sure.

This is proved when you have a go in the 2020 Cupra TCR in the competitions tab...
I'm not sure how a competition using the 2020 Cupra is proof of a difference between the 2018/2019 classes? The 2020 car may be different, but the older cars are not.

The WTCR 19 cars were released on 11 July 2019 and a week later the WTCR 18 cars were updated to the same physics.

Note: I have removed incorrect information about the 2020 Cupra that I originally posted.

Last edited:
On the S3 website one of the beta testers confirmed that the newly-released-in-2020 TC Cup Cupra is identical to the WTCR 19 (and therefore WTCR 18) Cupra in every respect - it's just a new set of liveries.
No, they were talking about the Hyundai there. The 2020 Cupra is a new model, and it definitely has different brakes compared to the 2018/2019 versions.

No, they were talking about the Hyundai there. The 2020 Cupra is a new model, and it definitely has different brakes compared to the 2018/2019 versions.
Are you referring to the Cupra in the current competition? Is that the actual WTCR 2020 car? Just wondering because the 2020 cars actually show up on the dedicated server already, although they don't work if you select them.

Are you referring to the Cupra in the current competition? Is that the actual WTCR 2020 car? Just wondering because the 2020 cars actually show up on the dedicated server already, although they don't work if you select them.
I was talking about the car used in the Cupra SimRacing Series. Both the WTCR 2020 class and the Cupra SimRacing Series feature the new Cupra model, but it's impossible to say whether they actually use the same physics.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back