RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I had a great time in race 1 & couldn't quite match Darius's pace. I did my best to keep him honest though, right up until the finallap when I slightly overshot my braking mark & clipped the wall. The impactitself didn't seem to bad but apparently it was enough to kill the engine. Race over. I couldn't attend Race 2 as I had to get my daughter from school.

My screen kept freezing during practice. I have two ATI 4890's running in Crossfire. 1st race I nailed a wall and parked my engine where the passenger seat would go. Waited for the 2nd race since I got to start at the front. I got a good start and made the first few turns OK, then my screen went black just long enough for me to drive into a wall then came back on. Racing was done for me. Sorry I didn't have time to practice before the event and it showed. I'll be removing this mod for now and I'll wait for the official release. Hopefully the screen freezes will be gone then. Thanks

First off the rear view mirror is worthless, like a tease of a mirror. Secondly the whole having to remove GT mods is a negative. As for handling, I punctured my left front with about 7 minutes left in the first race and turned my fastest lap on the next lap. My steering wheel gave no indication of a flat as it has a noticable wobble with any other car. Plus the left front is the hardest working tire on that track with about 1.78% wear per lap and the right rear had .75% per lap. I hope this feedback helps because this is a fun car to drive and I would very much like to see a final version.

Thank you for your hard work.

Not a bad pair of races - finally got a handle on the car being able to dial out a loose-off condition be putting some simulated 'wedge' in the car by bumping up the LF and RR damper settings relative to the RF and LR. Usually do that with springs, but not enough options for that with this car.

Tire Wear - Relative to Istanbul, this was really low - Watkins isn't known to be terribly hard on tires, though. I think around .75%/lap max - Think I finished both races with around 88-90% tires.

Fuel - Different story - Motec said ~3.62/minute so figured 73l minimum - added 5 for good measure and finished pretty close to fumes (forgot race can be over 21 minutes if you time it right, which I did R1). At about 4.7l/lap - that's over twice the thirst of NASCAR Cup cars, which would get around 2.1 liters/lap.

Tire temps - best to attach a picture of my fastest lap. Rears seemed little affected by anything. Front right stayed really cool as well.

Other Notes: Friction circle almost absolutely flat at the top with distinct lines at .2g and .4g. I imagine this is a function of where the tires lose grip on accelleration, and may be due to that constant temp on the rears.

Other other note: Actually finished P2 in the second race, pretty much by finishing unscathed.

CCC_Tires1.jpg

Mod notes:
Rear suspension is a little weird. I get negative values for damper position when loaded. I think the biggest value was -11 mm. I don't think it should drop below 0. The front looked correct, never dropping below 35 mm. Did Yves and Jesper have custom skins? Both their cars looked stock yellow.

The races.
Race 1. Qualified 2nd. Yves 1st and Jesper 3rd. Green light, Jesper absolutley launched and almost had me in turn 1, but I had the inside line. The rest of the race was basicaly bumper to bumper. Jesper could catch me and I could catch Yves, but neither could pass. Jespar had
a bobble in the bus stop and fell behind a bit freeing me up to pressure Yves, but he never broke. I finished second right on his bumper.
Race 2 reverse order start. The three of us again got to the front with Jesper in the lead, myself second and Yves hot on my tail. On lap 2 Jesper went a little wide allowing both myself an Yves through. It was bumper to bumper for the next 6 laps when Yves spun out, taking him out of the hunt. Lap 11 Jesper hit a wall hard and was out of the race. That left me alone with a half a lap lead to cruise on to the finish.
A second and a first. A good night for me. Running 1:15/1:16 laps nose to tail, hanging on to these cars for dear life is a blast!

dont bother signing me up, i dont want to race with people who just start crying at the first sign of any contact, why is there no such thing as a racing incident anymore? this infraction system is getting rediculous, people are taking the piss with it. sort yourselfs out!

The issue is not the accidents. I think you will find that for the most part the reason that these things are brought up is due to the fact that people cause accidents and stretch the bounds with contact and then don't have the courtesy to give the place back and try the pass again in the right way.

The rules where there and worked long before your accounts join date. The only thing that has changed with the infraction system is you get a chance to prove you can change. Under the old system breaking the rules resulted in a suspension/ban at the first instance.

The rules displayed above are the standard ones you have been racing to for the whole time you have been there. Frankly if you don't want to race here, you know where the door is, use it.

Yves, i have to drive more with the Camero to give a good report.

First opion is; massive understeering. Tyre wear and fuel consumption is good enough for me.This gives a extra challange to racing (strategy).
But i have to find myself a suitable carsetup, firstly.

About the tyre wear; RF was 64% (the lowest one) after 8 laps 82% Tyre temp had avarage 80 degrees @ front and the back 5 degrees higher. Tyre wear @ back was approx. 80% at the end of the race(s)

My laptime was 2;07/8

Thanks to Martijn for the tryout!

Enjoyed these cars, had to adjust my driving style to keep them under control

qauli 10th.

race one I touched Neil Gaunt in to T1 so I stopped and let him go so was in last place, made 1 pitstop for fuel and managed to work my way back from 16th to 9th by the end of the race.

Race 2 started 9th didn't have a good start to the race, after a few laps I had to quit due to my little nephew waking up(always dose when I race when he stays) so didn't get a good run.

my right front tyre was in the 50% range by the end of race 1 I don't think my setup was very good.

Thanks Yves and Guntha, I like these cars very much.

Hi sorry i didnt race or deregister, i would of done the race but then i got a sudden migrane and felt really sick so i came off the computer before it made it worse and had a lie down. My mum told me then it was best to go to bed so i did compleatly forgetting about the race. Sorry guys just to let you know my best time was 1:16.115 when i practiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back