RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Totally enjoyed racing last night. I accomplished my goal of finishing both races and was pleased with the outcome of each. I ran the default setup which probably held me back, but it turned out OK.I felt like I held up some people at the start of R2 but I think everyone got through OK. I need to put in some laps at Ascari now, CYA later.

A quick report for me... wanted to drive the porsche... but couldn't get it to run fast enough.... a full second off my ferrari time. So in the Ferrari like everyone else (except 2 drivers).

Quali: I chickened out on quali and put in a super conservative lap. at 1.14.8 I think i was qualied for 8th.

R1: I had my fair share of bad luck in race one as I got a good start and was clean through the chaos of t1 and t2. I had to go thru gravels to get past positions 2 and 3 as eric and someone got tangled.... But when I get over onto the track the race marshal gives me a stop and go cut penalty. The first part of the race was pretty lonely but I continued to push and try to be consistent knowing I'd get a chance to fight for a better position. I think I was currently in 7th or 8th. I raced with Eric Estes and Mike Chaney for the last third of the race and ended up finishing 5th which was acceptable since I had that stop and go early. I'd share more about my battles with Eric and Mike but can't remember too much right now. Need to watch the replay. It was a ton of fun!!!

R2 was a worse event for me as I drove way worse: at one point, I was upside down. I finished 9th I believe.

I give myself a grade of C for this event.

R1: Got a good start from 2nd on the grid and was side by side with Keith coming into T2. Having been taken out in T2 almost every time I have raced here, I slowed and made sure there would be plenty of room for Keith to go on his merry way. Keith must have had the same idea, he was doing the exact same thing. We were side by side about half way through T2 when Eric came up quickly from behind. He must not have realized that Keith and I had slowed so much to allow each other room in this very tight, complex corner, and hit the both of us. Keith shot straight a head while I went spinning off to the right, getting tagged by traffic along the way. I rejoined in 11th and last. I was a bit disappointed that nobody had waited on me, but was lucky to make up a couple of spots as others were having a hard time getting going further up the road. I managed to work myself up to 4th, but the car just didn't have the pace to pull back Peter in 3rd. While I hadn't suffered any major damage, the car was over 5 tenths a lap slower than usual. Unfortunately Peter retired from the race near the end and gifted me 3rd. Not really the way I wanted to get on the podium, but I was happy with my recovery nonetheless.

R2: Got another good start from 6th on the grid and was on the outside of Jarrod coming through T1. I wasn't sure if he knew I was there and was watching the wall as it was coming closer. Then just past the end of wall, we touched and I got pushed out into pit lane. After that things settled down a bit. I think everyone got through T2 cleanly this time. As I saw Tyler starting to break away at the front, I knew that I had to go now, if I wanted to fight for the win. I was pushing Jarrod hard now and finally passed him into T9. I was putting in some decent laps in the mid 13's and still Tyler was pulling away lap by lap. I eventually started to push a bit to hard which lead to a series of mistakes allowing Keith and Eric to close in on me quickly and Keith passed me in similar fashion as I had done Jarrod. I was able to stick with Keith for a lap or two, but then he really put the hammer down and started to pull away in much like Tyler had done earlier in the race. I eventually lost Eric as he made a mistake and found myself closing back in on Keith as he was making mistakes near the end of the race. Unfortunately we ran out of time and I finished just over 2 seconds down on Keith, to take my second 3rd place finish of the day.

All in all I had a lot of fun. I really love this track, but I swear T2 is cursed! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%