WTCC16-Setup help

Hi!
I have a really slippery backend on WTCC2016 cars (Volvo in perticular) and get huge oversteer into fast corners and I cannot find the solution.
I am really searching for engine brake settings because it feels like I have a huge amount of engine brake. I need to have throttle while braking into corners to get the back-end to stay on track. Otherwise I just spin.
I am used to rFactor and Assetto Corsa which has loads of settings on differential, shocks and springs that I miss in Raceroom.
I have tried firming up the front and loosen back, toe-in settings and wing to max but the car just oversteer into corners. Tip anyone? Thanks! /Chris

Drop your rear or both springs to 140 and increase the coast by one notch.....and lastly move the the brake bias forward a few.
Left foot braking also helps alot as you can balance the car with a bit of throttle while braking.

Lift off oversteer... Thats typical fwd racecar... No need for changes, learn to drive it and you will see it´s fun and the only way to get a fwd fast... So it has to be controllable oversteer to get fast corner entry in fwd otherwise what would be left ? Right, understeer which slows you down...

Only lift the throttle a bit, slight steer impulse and the rest of the corner entry controls the right foot > throttle...

Paul Ricard Solution 3C Courbe de Signes is a perfect corner to learn that technique...

Paul-Ricard3C-05.ef687c3b39d9224bbfbb380fdfd49704.png

Also good info on fwd race car technique: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/cars/honda-civic-ngtc-touring-car/

"The car is designed for ultimate performance, with driveability remaining an important but secondary consideration. In order to maintain full throttle through certain higher speed corners, the overall balance is adjusted to match. Due to the considerable weight transfer of a relatively high CG (center of gravity) touring car this means lifting the throttle has a significant bearing on the balance of the vehicle, compounded by the front drive nature. Throttle control is thus extremely important in these vehicles, a very slight lift often enough to cure substantial understeer in the car, while jumping right off the throttle is likely to induce massive oversteer.

As many are familiar when watching these types of cars, it’s possible to recover slides at extreme angles by counter-steering into the slide and slamming down the throttle. This kind of recovery would be impossible in a rear drive vehicle."

Or watch and listen to Chris Harris :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%