RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Absolutely amazing racing tonite. For such a tight track with 15 entries, there was alot of good driving here tonite.

Quali: Made a few small mistakes and ran .1 over my PB and was good enough for 5th. Even my PB was still only good for 4th (Field was tough)

Race #1: At the start William from 3rd got off slow as did Adam Vaughan from 2nd which bunched up Matt. This got me along side Willi to his left and to Matts right headed to corner #1. I backed off to allow for some room for both. Exiting T2 I was inside of Willi because he had run wide, we exited 2 wide, willi got a little loose and i was there to collect his rear quarter. this then put us both back to back of the field (sorry willi, i know we agreed no fault in game but it sucks and I wish it hadnt happened.) Anyways me and willi then went on to battle with anyone we came up on. Managed to squeek out a 6th place to start 3rd in the 2nd race.

Race #2: Starting 3rd I got a wicked launch and got by Willi and Timothy who had started in front of me. Had a clean race and clean pit stop and managed to run a solid race til the end. Finished P1

Overall for points got 2nd to my buddy Marty Pierce, who i told him would win real soon. Man I think you did a kick ass job today and you deserved it. Also well done to Adam Vaughan who I must point out is in his 3rd race here at RD. well done man.

I was happy to meet and race with some unfamiliar faces.

Thanks so much RD and Staff for maintaining this place and providing us with a place to race.

*** Edit forgot some pics****

Pic #1 is going to first corner after that I got on the brakes and everyone got around

Pic 2-4 there are of the contact with Willi. The 4th one looks like Paul walker is trying to eat his car.

Keith B

Attachments

• 3 wide t1.jpg
    3 wide t1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 152
  • contact 1.JPG
    contact 1.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 164
  • contact 2.jpg
    contact 2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 158
  • contact 3.jpg
    contact 3.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Matt Alpeter

I must say I love these STCC cars and tracks!!

Qualy: Had a very good run and landed 4th

Race 1: Had a very good launch and was in 3rd for a few turns until Marty and Adam got into it. I split them down the middle and was off to 1st. Everything was going great and I opened up a decent gap to Marty, then a few small errors let him catch back up and follow me into the pits on lap 8. Missed my stall on accident which cost me a bit of time and when exiting, I saw Jarrod right behind me coming down the pit lane with Marty immediately behind him so I braked and thought nooooo! I thought Jarrod was exiting pits, when he was actually pitting in, so I floored it and was able to get out just in front of Marty. I tried my usual line into the chicane but it didn't work too well with cold tires and I was flung into the sand and came back on track in front of Warren. He pushed pretty hard for a few laps and stuck his nose on my inside in a few corners, but I held him off and he eventually drifted back (nice battle again Warren!!). Drove home to a 2nd place.

Race 2: This one was not so great for me. Started 7th and got another good launch. Was 8th into T1, but by the downhill I was in 5th behind Jarrod with Adam right on my bumper. Coming into the hard right after the chicane, there must have been a bit of confusion and Jarrod hit his brakes, then I hit mine even harder, and Adam got the memo late and barely brushed me, but no harm no foul. Adam got by then it was Cam all over me. Then it was a mad dash to that hard right after the chicane with me on the inside, Adam to my left, and Cam behind me. I blew my brake point into a million pieces and ran into the grass, Cam was already in the grass for some reason, and Adam and Tyson drove by putting me back into 7th. Then on the last left hairpin, Tyson and I were greeted by Jarrod doing a flip. Adam apparently tried to drive underneath him, but was flung about 20ft into the air. Tyson and I drove through and I was back in 5th, but Tyson drove off on T1 the next lap. Tim was in 3rd and I was putting good time on him, then he pitted early and left me by myself. A few laps later my wheels grazed the grass going over the "jump" and there was no way to save it so I flew down the straight sideways. When I nearly stopped I noticed I was right in the middle of the race line so I slammed it into reverse and floored it...then watched Warren drive right on by while waving. Passed a few people in the pits and I was all of a sudden in second and pitted on lap 8 again. I happened to exit just as a train of three were coming into T1, so I let the first two go by, then went double wide with Bob. Bob apparently thought I smelled bad so he drove off the next turn leaving me to chase down Timmy. My car had a different plan and on lap 10 I biffed the chicane again and rejoined in 9th...in front of Warren. We were in a nice train of 5 cars and going into the chicane, Cam slowed a bit more than I expected and I nudged him, he went a bit sideways, but recovered nicely and we continued (sorry Cam!). The next lap he drove off and I was up to 8th behind Olaf. I passed him in the middle of the chicane and tried to track down Peter and Jarrod, but went a bit too fast on the left hand corner before the jump, left the track, bumped the wall, and barely made it back on the track. I looked back before rejoining the track and was pretty sure Warren was well off enough that it wouldn't impact his line, but I guess I spooked Warren and somehow or another he lost it over the jump and missed the corner. I gained a little over 2 seconds on Jarrod in the last lap and a half, but it wasn't good enough and finished 7th.

Overall, finished 3rd.

Thanks again to RD, Willi for setting it up, and to everyone for some spot on driving!

Some good racing and first time I used STCC, the car and the track.

Qualifyng
Managed to get 2nd to a really quick Marty lap. and was really chuffed

Race 1

Was following marty and dropd to the side to check my braking point and i slight ly locked up and taped martys rear end so I slowed down waiting for him to overtake me and then from there chased 2nd and third when on the fast left hander i stucked my rear tyre on thegrrass nd went wide sliding along the barrier. Rejoined behind Warren and Jarrod as they were having a good fiht and warren took jarrod after a mistae so i had a sneakin run through on him too. They pitted and when I pitted i changed all 4 tyres which put me at the back and thats where i stayed finishing 9th.

Race 2

Had an everage start and got up to 6th from 9th. Then into the hair pin jarrod did a flip a turn and twista nd as he came down he hit me back end and a cleared the track with a nice little jump lol. not your fault jarrod but was funny. did my pit stop changed 4 stupi tyres again and ended up last. But couldnt reists a fight with keith the leader lol. Then second to last lap tyson got abit ruff on the exit to turn 1 and was snaking everywhere and sudenly I had no where to go and hit him in the rear. We set back off and I let him through because I was unsure what happened. And then it the end I finished 10th.

Really thought I had the pace to be fast today but my stupid decisons and lack of driving experience let me down. Better luck next time. really enjoyed the track and the cars and hope to have some good STCC events soon. Thansk William for setting it up and another good race with the US guys. Also well done to marty and keith for there wins.

Another great stcc race thanks William

Qualify P1 Was nervous because we had so many guys within tenths of each other in practice. Did not think I would pull a 101.6 under pressure.

Race started ok held position. Told myself to take it easy on cold tires with all the fuel. Adam got into my tail and when I got a little sideways Matt got by and I slotted into 2nd when Adam let me back through. Followed matt on a great pace all the way to pit around lap 8. Came out following Matt till he spun handing me the lead. Held 5 second gap to finish 1st. Fun ,tight and fast racing

Race 2

Made good start staying on inside of turn,but on exit came across Warrens tail sending him into grass. After the next turn I pulled off line to let Warren back by. Got back in around 12th behind Warren (sorry Warren) Took an Early pit to get out of traffic and found myself behind Tim in 6th. Stayed behind Tim for several laps on good pace. Eventually passed Tim and finished in 3rd place. 1st overall win in STCC. Very competitive group tonight and good mix on both sides of the globe. Only thing missing tonite was Yves who is always fast in STCC. Grats to Keith on win

thanks William

tonights racing was the best that i have ever experienced as far as being competitive and the group that i was racing with.thankyou William and those involved in organising this event and to my fellow competitors for the fierce yet fair racing .
qualified mid pack ,ninth i think ,yea not too bad ,happy with that .
race 1 .
lets forget forget that one ,dropped the right rear in the dirt on the first fast lefthander and round she went ,and it was to the back of the field for me .
race 2 .
after watching the flying pug and seat ,i was able to relax and just race ,had a battle with Warren ,not wishing to scratch the paint on the Honda ,saw him come up the inside of me ,gave him a bit of room and he outbraked himself ,off he went ,damn Jarrod you got some work to do :sinister:,then shortly there after Cam gives me a love tap on my back door ,hey Cam you had nowhere to go nor did i cause Wazza was at it again rounding me up (that honda copped a belting tonight ).after that i just raced hard and ended up finishing in 8th or 9th by far my best finish in these events .
once again thanks to all and well done to the winners
regards
olly

I love these races, and Keith while it is a bummer to bump and wait (thanks for the waiting by the way) I had a great time driving from the back :)

Qualy - had a struggle of it in practice not getting below a 103, but then after a short break came back for my qualy lap and put in a good 102.1. I say good because I have only beat that time on the Stats server.

Race 1 - Keith and I had the little bump and ended up at the back, but again I had a really fun drive back up to 7th, thought I would get Keith for 6th but mistakes abound.

Race 2 - not a great start, but stayed near the front - Timothy and I had a good little battle for a few laps, he went a little wide at one point and I got past. I seemed to be able to catch Keith a bit ( or maybe he was waiting). He pitted one lap earlier and when i finished mine I came out about .5 seconds back. This is when things got weird - I changed the front tires and nothing else, but the car was oversteering like mad - and I could not keep Keith's pace. Ended second about 4 seconds back.

Overall I tied for 3rd with Matt man. Very happy with that after a tough first race and Matt is always quick. :)

Really a fun series this stcc, and a great turn out tonight. Thank you everyone.

Once again, these STCC events delivered, tension, drama, and action by the bucketload, but always great fun.
I was amazed to get to race, since I spent the hour leading up to it with PC lockups and disconnections, but in official practice it suddenly came good.
Pulled my favourite Vodafone Honda out of the protective garage, but I had to be careful not to scratch the wonderful paint Jarrod had done on it, especially since he would be watching. :)

Qualy: I knew passing here was going to be hell, and I knew I had a good lap in me, but blew it horribly. I launched the Honda at high speed over the hump, went airborne, but when she landed, the car bounced badly and lept straight into the wall behind the sandpit, destroying the Honda. (please don't tell Jarrod :laugh2:)
So now it was start at the back and hope for some luck.

Race 1: Started P14, but had a good start, and quickly moved to P4 thanks to some incidents in front, but the Honda was going well too. Had a great race with Jarrod for many laps, giving him an excellent view of his handywork in his mirrors, but also had Adam sweating on my tail too. Finaly sneaked past Jarrod but had to go for the dreaded pitstop next lap. After getting some much needed training from Williams crew, my pitguys did a good job and had me out smartly. Came out into clean air, and caught Matt after he had gone off. Tried to pass him, but my tyres were screaming for mercy, so settled for P3, an unbelieveable result after starting almost last.

Race 2: This race was a comedy of errors and I had used up my luck in Race 1. Started P6, had a good start, but was pushed wider through turn 1 by Jarrod, causing me to squeeze Peter giving him little room. Sorry Peter. Exiting turn 1, I got a faint tap from Marty, which sent me waaaaay off track. Rejoined in last place, Marty had slowed to wait for me along the next straight, but unfortunately in front of Peter who was launching over the crest. Poor Peter had to take evasive action, bounced off Marty, and into Bob, resulting in Bob going off track and Peter spinning across my path. I hit Peter's Chevy hard (sorry again Peter but i had no chance) and badly damaged my Honda. From this point on, the car wouldn't steer properly and was a real handful on this tight little track. Checking the replay, I see I bumped Olly in the last turn, really sorry Olly, I had no idea we touched.
I made it to P3 before pitting, but this time I made a hash of the pitstop, not the pitcrews fault :). I mucked about trying to turn off the repairs, stopped behind another car in the pits, then couldn't find my pitbay, so forward and reversed a couple of times, before getting it right. Came out and had a nice few laps behind Olly, but he caught me by surprise by braking very early entering the chicane, so I took evasive action by diving insided and across the bend. Olly probably got a bigger fright than me, sorry Olly, but at least I missed you. To top it all off, on the second last lap, Matt had an off track excursion in front and while I was watching him and wondering what may follow, I got the wobbles over the hump and ran off track. After so much adventure, I cruised it home to finish P9.

Thanks all, very exciting racing and great to see such a good roll up, our best so far for STCC. :clap:

" but he caught me by surprise by braking very early entering the chicane, so I took evasive action by diving insided and across the bend. Olly probably got a bigger fright than me, sorry Olly, but at least I missed you"
ah i see thats what happened there ,i thought that you had buckets of speed in the Honda ,i saw you comming ,gave you room and you sailed across in front of me ,WD i didnt realise that i hit the anchors early ,sorry bout that ,besides im not acustomed to having guys like you and Cam behind me :smile:
regards
olly

Quote from Peter Race2: Terrible start. Warren passed me and I had no room to turn in t1, went offroad, came back around 10th I think, made 2 corners then I saw a Seat standing on the road in front of me! Pulled the wheel right to avoid him but there was Bob (sorry!),

Sorry Peter I was the seat. I thought the left side of that straight would be offline to pull over for warren to pass but I did not factor the rise. I watched the replay from your point of view coming over the rise and it left you little time to react. Sorry! I guess I messed warren up 2 times in half a lap. Sorry guys Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back