WTCC Wing setting?

Arne Dopudja

Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.
So, I started with R07 on publics like everyone else probably. And only track that was running was Monza, sadly. So, in order to go fast, I reduced wing to 1 and since I was confident in my driving, I haven't used another setting since.

However, does it pay off on some twistier tracks?

Toe in negative is actually toe out... Confuzzling. But no worries, I keep my rear toe above 0 in FWD and improve turn in with trailbraking, which also allows me to brake later. To each his own. :p

The wings on the WTCC cars are more for fine tuning chassis balance rather than adding any credible aero downforce, the real cars barely break even at overcoming the natural LIFT, thus drag and downforce whilst applicable are negligible, as a chassis balancing aid noticeable.

My point exactly. But without wing, I had to lift the frond of the car to balance it. Which is wrong, but I didnt experiment with the wing and that was the solution for the time being. Slow solution. Now with some more bump settings, my time on monza improved by almost a second, making it 1:59.192 or so in Quali. Whilst having a .178 slower sector 2. :p

Testing STCC2 at LeMans:
Going from a wing of 5 to a 1 increases top speed on the no-chicane Mulsanne by 4kph.
Put another way, going from a 1 to a 5 gave me better car handling but all the time gained was lost on the straight. It helped the most on the sweeping run to the finish where I don't think I would have attempted a pass anyhow.

Understandable. LM is also a flowing track with the straight so you really dont need the wing. I'd set it max 2. You could run with higher, but then you need someone infront to draft on the straight... which is achievable with a teammate, so if you play some team orders, you can probably get away with a teamed up duo of wing 3-4 cars. Or just hogging someones rear until the last lap and outbraking him at the end of the straight.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%