WTCC vs STCC (comparison)

im just curious about if anyone has found any performance differences over a lap between the wtcc07 and the stcc cars (wtcc06 is slower than wtcc07 i think. correct me if im wrong).

for example between the 5-Speed H-Shift bmw in stcc compared to the 5-Speed H-Shift bmw in wtcc or between the stcc honda and the wtcc honda?

or is there no differences at all? what i can see about the ride heights, weight etc there is no difference. but i might be wrong.

Where it says that the cars are the same then? If you check some setups (i think the STCC beemer?) you see a significant difference between the settings. Ridehight front: 8.0 rear: 10.0 where all WTCC cars are around 8.0/8.5 at minimum.
But maybe it is a great idea to setup a STATS server with all S2000 cars and see who is the fastest in the end?

I do a lot of offline racing at Macau.

Last night I was running about 0.5 seconds per lap faster with the STCC BMW E90 than the WTCC one.

I don't know if its just a coincidence, or if there really are differences between the 2 - with the tyres and everything.

yes - it was a custom skin so I was with the 5 speed.

fuel turned off, tyre degradation set to normal.

I had a few laps which were under my fastest WTCC BMW lap I have managed in the past 12 months, so I take it that it had more to do with the car rather than my driving, unless I managed to hit every corner perfectly, but I was surprised.

Also, when racing offline 2 or 3 the STCC BMWs tend to qualify ahead of the WTCC BMWs at Macau. Its not that unsual for me to race Macau and have 2 STCC BMWs on the front row by 3 - 4 tenths and a third one also within the top 5.

you guys got me thinking so i had a quick look at the Honda & Chevrolet and there are no extra hdc, eng or tyre files within the game and from what i can see both the wtcc & stcc honda share the same crytical files so they are the same car apart from the skins so you will have no worries about which to pick.
The audi however has slightly different tyres but they have the same slip curves as the old wtcc tyres but just with ever so slight changes to initial grip levels.
The alfa has a newer hdc file v1.20 dated 1st September 2007 while the old one was v1.3 dated 3rd June 2008 so work that one out, but from a quick look the only difference i could see is a small difference to the traction control which will not make any difference to us since we never use it.

just checked the bmw and from what i can see there is no difference between the wtcc & stcc cars apart from the fact that the stcc is running on michelin branded tyres and the wtcc yokohama but when you look at both tyr files they are exactly the same data with only the initial file name being different :dance2: no no worries guys it is all balanced just right

just checked the bmw and from what i can see there is no difference between the wtcc & stcc cars apart from the fact that the stcc is running on michelin branded tyres and the wtcc yokohama but when you look at both tyr files they are exactly the same data with only the initial file name being different :dance2: no no worries guys it is all balanced just right

Thanks Neil - so its obviously that by some miracle I have just improved a bit and I am managing to avoid the walls more effectively:laugh2:

When we did the race at Knutsdorp I wanted to use the WTCC Honda 07 in the STCC, but there was no default setup for it, however the STCC Honda had a default setup for the track..... so?? are they different and can the setups be interchanged??

• Chris Noble

Well they are two different cars the HONDA WTCC and the HONDA STCC.

They had litte changes made to the models (obvious one is the STCC logo on the headlights that the WTCC version doesnt have).

Car setups are linked to a specific car model and since the WTCC and STCCC Hondas are different models that is why you see setup ok for the STCC Honda and not the WTCC Honda which never raced there.

All of the cars (WTCC 2006, WTCC 2007 and STCC 2008) were all balances to give them similar performance but retain their handling characteristics.

The default setup on the STCC cars will obviously be different to the WTCC counterparts sine the STCC runs on very different track types to that of the WTCC cars.

I have noticed that many more people are now driving the Honda after the patch as it has become a competitive car and always had very nice handling, just the lacking top speed and grunt from the engine. now this has been rectified.

I dont believe there would be any difference between running a WTCC HONDA and STCC HONDA over the same lap with the same setup. In fact I am sure I was in a STCC HONDA and Mark guy was in a WTCC HONDA at Kurtstorp i think and we had almost identical lap times in qualifying.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 146 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%