• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

WTCC @ Various - Tuesday 24 March 2009

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Bram Hengeveld, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Lost connection with the server:(

2. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas

Ratings:
    +197
    me to:(

3. Dave Flower

Dave Flower

Ratings:
    +471
    lol - I did too..... now its full... I can hear teamspeak cant race with them.... I don't think RD Servers like me much..!!

4. Max-Yvan Liegrace

Max-Yvan Liegrace

Ratings:
    +0
    My evening gettins crap.
    for first Really, Really Bad driving during Oschersleben B-Course Race.
    for second i leaved server just for second too see replay from that and now my slot available because someone joined...

Give me one good reason why i should'nt call this "Public Server"

5. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas

Ratings:
    +197
    thanks again for a nice evening of racing

6. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +822
    Thx for that wonderfull night.I like wtcc cars and lot of guys here don't have a Stcc pack who is needed to join RDTCC.I would like to see more :D:D Racing Club Races EU using Wtcc cars without STCC pack.
    Once again big thx.

7. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,079
    STCC is a must have if you like this kind of shorter races, and you can purchase it thru steam on the fly. Was good fun indeed tonight.
    One side note: some people should stop commenting the entire night and start following grievance procedures instead.
    The constantly complaining of a few gets on many peoples nerves. Try to have more fun and less competition. Don't leave the server when you crash, take a pitstop and finish the race as a backmarker, just as much fun!

8. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Is it all over?

Missus is late back from work so I can't leave the kids until she gets back:pissed-off:

9. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,079
    Hop in, we continue with more :)

10. Robert McColl

Robert McColl

Ratings:
    +0
    Bram i must comment ........ really enjoying RD only problem cant stop .........Missus is up in arms now THX for the few i did ................great stuff

11. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Nice event. Drove the E46, I like that car, not very fast but I must get used to it because I'll drive the Lada a lot in the future:D
    1. race: Started 16th, finished 9th, had a couple of nice fights.
    2. race: Started 19th, there was nobody ahead me so I got a lightning start, but the guy in the green Seat ahead me didn't see me and pushed me to the wall so it was like a normal start, fortunately my car wasn't damaged badly, finished 9th again, same good fun!
    3. race: In Monza the car was a lot better, qualied 13th, got hit in T1 and then also spun in parabolica, still managed 10th place.
    4. race: 12th on quali I was really amazed how well it goes, the race was even better, chased Neil Tennant, and at last lap I got closer so fast I couldn't believe, at last turn I tried to overtake but I lost control over the kerbs, almost lost 6th place, but at the end I was able to keep it.

Finishing in top 10 in all of the races with this car makes me happy:)

Thanks for the event Bram!

12. Peter Madsen

Peter Madsen

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally managed to get a few races again here :dance2:. Love this format where you don’t have to sign up in advance as I almost never know if I will be able to make it before the actual race time. Was a couple of great races as always when racing here :high5:

Hope to catch more of this kind of races here :gimme:

13. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    Enjoyed 2 of the 3 races I did with good battles and clean driving apart from the one I singled out but ill make an official complaint later.
    Anyway again, good fun and thanks. :good:

14. David Lemon

David Lemon

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for setting this up, had a blast :D

15. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,968
    Nice evening. I just can't get any speed with Alfas so i switched to Seat. Sorry about that shunt at the first race :disapointed:. Had a suspension damage couple of turns before and at T1 i brake at usual mark=a little bit too early, Alfa just skidded and there was nothing i could do about it.

Still have to work on pace, i'm 2 secs behind on every track..

That Monza Junior was a disappointment. Nobody seem to remember that at the chicane you just have to brake to crawl cause 11 out 12 laps there's an accident ahead. A little bit surprised that people tried to attack there. Just not enough room and somebody always overshoots=jam.. Drove like a gentleman but got punished at least half a dozen times cause of that... :(

Very good format thou, wish that these would appear every other night. Would suit me fine!

16. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Well that was eventful to say the least.

Race 1, Oschersleben B: Qualified P6/7 I think, never good at this track. Went outside and then inside at Turn1, helped me out big style as there were a few shenanigans up front. Then into T2, Torb nudges the back of me on the straight, causing me to put a wheel on the grass under braking, and around she goes! Had a great fight back through the field, cars and dust flying everywhere. Had a nice piece of side by side action with Peter and brought it home 8th.

Race 2, Brands: Qualified 4th, but into T2, Dave Lemon tapped Simon and they both hit me, all three in the gravel. Had a hairy fight through the field, before knocking Hermy sideways out of Paddock, causing a big shunt. Really sorry Hermy. I saw he retired so I did too.

Race 3, Monza Jr: I only made it to T1 this time, despite pole position. Peter got a rocket start and I was on the outside. I had gone wide to try and avoid any shenanigans but to no avail. Marcin moved slightly across Gary under braking, sliding into me and then Max also broke across the front of Gary and slammed into me, pretty much end of race. I pootled around, following Dave Flower. I tried typing a message to let him know I was a backmarker and gave him a tap while doing so, not much harm done thank God.

Race 4, Oschersleben Reverse:
    Qualid P2, but as I picked up my controller for the grid I engaged first by accident and got a stop/go penalty immediately for a jump start. I then got the double whammy of a disconnect!

Great exciting format Bram, short tracks are winners.

17. Petr Kantor

Petr Kantor

Ratings:
    +39
    Race 1, 2, 4 - had really good fights and good racing out there. Managed to avoid most of the start hassle, usually getting some places ahead. That is what I call lucky.

Being generally slower than some behind, I was involved in some pretty intense fights and tried to defend hard, but not dangerously.

I know once, I pushed lightly a car to the grass on the straight as my wheel started to be dodgy, and I could not react quick enough to avoid this. (probably I thought i am letting enough space there too). The car safely got behind me and overtook me at the next turn. I apologiezed for this also.

Hit once a car unvoluntarily (a driving mistake - too wide in corner entry). Apologized, waited till the other car got back to race.

Apart from that I think I was battling with Lewis Fergusson, and I have to see the replays first to say that I did anything wrong, but I didn't feel like that in the race.

18. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas

Ratings:
    +197

no problem about the shunt mate thats racing:) those things happen

19. Max-Yvan Liegrace

Max-Yvan Liegrace

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all I want to apologize Ryan Callan and Knut Omdal Tveito. That was really unlucky. Didn't want to do that guys.

So i raced on 2 tracks

1. Oschersleben B-Course which was a nightmare. Later i will do an official complainment about some random behaviours about me and my car..

2. Monza Jr. Was about 1000 better. Qualified 3rd with a great setup was looking forward to. So Start as ever i'm trying to synchronise my braking to people with front which wasn't good idead because i outbraked himself and landed into Ryan's car who outbraked himself too i suppose. Then i drove out of my skin from 21th to 8th and finished race with one point.

20. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.