RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great non-league action. Enjoyed being back in the touring cars, do miss the close racing if i am honest. First race was really good fun, on the limit every lap trying to find a way passed Ludwig and also keeping Sander and Patrick at bay. Best action i have had for a while! Second race was pretty good aswell, wet conditions on slicks is cool. Was fighting the same people as before really up and till i lost time in the pits and then pushed too hard into the last corner and hit a barrier. Saw Mr Lennon behind so decided to tourment him rather than try and close the gap to Sander. I certainly enjoyed it.. not so sure about gary though.... ;)

Ollie W.

All good nice close battles early on,then it all went quiet for the last half of the race,no chance of running with the 4 ahead,and keeping about the same gap to those chasing me.
Car felt good for the wet feature early but soon faded and i was pleased to pit at the halfway mark for 2 new left wets on,a late dice with an injured Ollie was the only fun late on,but all a bit hopeless really.....
Well done winners and podiums
Cheers Si T and RD

This is so frigging annoying.... -where's your manners, mister?

The rest of us line up, wait for our turn and enter on green light... -but not you, ey...

Sorry Hansi,

Unfortunately someone else rejoined after you had disconnected. I had called 2 reserves in then I think Gary joined to be a 3rd person after 2 spots, you're disconnect became the 3rd spot :(

Sorry about that Hansi, I have a re-think about how I deal with reserves in this kind of event.

• Ian Landry

Race time is a bit early, but sign me in.

BTW, how are we supposed to drive these Caterhams. should we drift in the corners a bit? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Ian

It was a really fun event. My first in BMW. First race was good i took the 1 place at start then i tried to let Ollie behind he put a lot of pression on me shame that we had a little incident in the last corner. Don' t worry ollie there is no problem ;).

Second race was good too i too also the 1 place at start then i had a good fight with Patrick. I did a good pitstop and finish in 1st position :) .

As some drivers know i drive on real cars here is the link of my videos:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/other-motorsports/11421-ludwig-ghidis-videos-onboard.html#post205447

Had 2 great races again, in the end I got 1st in sprint and 2nd in feature. Really didn't expect it from my Toledo, which is good fun to drive, but mainly suffers on torque exiting corners :highfive:

Qualified 3rd in superpole and was happy about my lap. The start of the sprintrace went ok, saw Patrick passing me in his BMW and could hang on P4 in the 1st lap. Ludwig seemed to get a small gap at front as Oliver and Patrick were battling, which gave me the opportunity to pass Patrick a few laps later. From then on Oliver led the way to close the gap to Ludwig and eventually we had 4 cars within ~1,5 seconds for most of the race, just awesome, even though there weren't many overtakings. But it looked like it was spared until the very last chicane, where Ludwig lost control and spun, Oliver had to avoid him and I took the outside grass and passed them both and won the race, with Patrick in 2nd.

The Quali for the feature race could've been better, only 5th. Start went not too bad, as I could keep 5th place on the half wet track. I followed Gary for a few laps and after he made a mistake I passed him and started to close the gap to Oliver. At the point where to pitstops should start Ludwig & Patrick had opened a gap of ~6 seconds. Patrick and Oliver where the first 2 of the leaders to pit, Ludwig pitted a lap later and pitter a lap later again. My stop went excellent, 2 fresh front tyres and ready to go again. I came out in front of Oliver so I was virtualy 3rd and I was only 2 seconds behind Patrick. Simon was just between us but he had to pit yet and when he did I felt that I could get Patrick as I saw him struggling a bit. Eventually I overtook him exiting turn 1, but he did the same to me a lap later in turn 4. Few laps later I got him again and this time I could hold it until the finish in 2nd, as Ludwig was too far ahead to try something in the last few laps.

Had great fun, hard but fair races. Thanks all :)

Good fun races on a great track and congrats to the podium/s :clap:

1st race got off to a horrendous start as i could not avoid the spinning Seat being driven by Nigel :disapointed: there was not much contact but enough to send me flying off at the old hairpin and into the tyres which left me in last place with damaged suspension but when i rejoined Nigel was sitting waiting for me so i could regain that place (thnx m8). After that it was just a case of head down and catch up the cars in front so i was happy to finish in 17th after being so far behind. :laugh2:

Race 2 was a lot more fun as i qualified in around 16th and managed to stay out of trouble at the start this time :highfive: but i did drop one place at turn one :disapointed: but soon started to make up some places as the race went on but i had to be careful with the revs as the BMW only carries around 45L of fuel so i had to short shift a lot to make it stretch out and when i spluttered across the line at the end of the race i had 0.44L left in the tank :laugh2:
Had one or two nice little fights throughout the race and it was always good to try and work out if the car you were fighting was on wets or slicks as the 30% rain made it just as hard or easy on both as the slicks struggled to get heat into them and the wets if pushed to hard overheated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back