RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I really enjoy this track. I qualified with a 1:14.7 but lost one place with the reboot. No biggie. I had a nice cautious first lap and ran in the middle of the pack avoiding any off track incidents. I was 6th for a while, I believe. I held off Michel for about 8 laps or so but once He got by, I had my one off in T1 but was able to not hit anything or spin. I wish I could have been able to take t2 flat, that sure would have helped a lot. I made my first non-autopit stop and had to backup a few meters. I took 4 tires which helped some but they werent real worn. I plugged away to finish 5th, my best result in online play in EVO ever. A real nail biting race- one slip and you are out. Congradualtions to all the finishers and participants. Bring on the next event!

I qualified in 8th with a 1:13.7, which I was quite pleased with, being that this was not only my first race with RD, but also my first day of racing at this track. After the reshuffle I started from 10th, which was all the same to me.

I got a decent drive off the line, but was held up a bit by the person in front of me, whom bogged off the line a bit. We all got through T1 one clean. Coming out of T2 there was a bit of a scuffle in front of me with an Audi spinning in the middle of road. I managed to avoid him, but carried to much speed in to T3 and ended up giving an Astin a bit of a love tap putting both of use into the grass. Sorry about that. I rejoined in 10th. I finally decided to pit a bit early around lap 13 in the hopes of being able to push and make up ground in the latter stages of the race. I did lose some time in the pits though, stopping about 4 or 5 meters short of my box. Regardless of this I rejoined in 11th place but was able to regain 10th when the Saleem in front of me went off in T3.

Around lap 15 or 16 I cut the corner a bit to tight in the second to last turn getting up on the curb and bringing the rear around. I came to a stop facing the outside wall. Unfortunately, once I shift into first, for some reason the game, or possibly my wheel, won't let me shift back down throught neutral and into reverse. So unfortunately this ended my race.

I had a lot of fun and I think everyone tried to run a good clean race. I look forward to the next event and hope to be more competitive by then.

Nice evening. I just can't get any speed with Alfas so i switched to Seat. Sorry about that shunt at the first race :disapointed:. Had a suspension damage couple of turns before and at T1 i brake at usual mark=a little bit too early, Alfa just skidded and there was nothing i could do about it.

Still have to work on pace, i'm 2 secs behind on every track..

That Monza Junior was a disappointment. Nobody seem to remember that at the chicane you just have to brake to crawl cause 11 out 12 laps there's an accident ahead. A little bit surprised that people tried to attack there. Just not enough room and somebody always overshoots=jam.. Drove like a gentleman but got punished at least half a dozen times cause of that... :(

Very good format thou, wish that these would appear every other night. Would suit me fine!

no problem about the shunt mate thats racing:) those things happen

Well my race was a huge disappointment. This is probably my most competitive trace. I qualified at 1.12.8 and still probably had another .3 seconds in me but didn't hit that perfect lap in quali. I qualied 5th and started 7th after the restart....

In the 2nd turn, someone got sideways in front of me and I missed them by a foot. Then I got rearended (haven't watched the video yet) in the very next turn and it put me back to 12th of 12. I was so frustrated that I began driving too aggressively. I made it back up to around 6th or 7th... and then the lap before my pit, I got kinda stuck on the super slow double righthander at the bottom of the hill... I probably could've gotten out but the leaders were approaching me so I hit esc.

I don't want to make this a complaining thread but whomever hit me, you didn't stop and wait on me.... That golden rule will make you drive more carefully.

First of all I want to apologize Ryan Callan and Knut Omdal Tveito. That was really unlucky. Didn't want to do that guys.

So i raced on 2 tracks

1. Oschersleben B-Course which was a nightmare. Later i will do an official complainment about some random behaviours about me and my car..

2. Monza Jr. Was about 1000 better. Qualified 3rd with a great setup was looking forward to. So Start as ever i'm trying to synchronise my braking to people with front which wasn't good idead because i outbraked himself and landed into Ryan's car who outbraked himself too i suppose. Then i drove out of my skin from 21th to 8th and finished race with one point.

Jarrod and everyone else, if you have any issues with someone on the track please PM me with some details and the staff will review the incident.

As for the restart, I really appreciate that all of you let Bob back in. I would hope he would post a big thank you note addressed to everyone!!

Eric,

I don't have any issue and I wouldn't turn someone in. It is a race for fun!!! But by adhering to the golden rule.... makes everyone's race better. I've not looked at a replay for who it was and at this point, I don't think I'm going to... because it's not a big deal and I certainly wouldn't turn someone in.

I think I was the one who got sideways in front of you Jarrod. Was it a Lister storm?

Sorry if it put you back into someones path if it was. The reshuffle put me up from 7th to 3rd and to be honest it made me concerned that I'd be in the way of faster drivers. Hence i took T2 wide as i thought i had someone on the inside of me and i got a little rub from them aqnd got very loose.

I'd only just started to feel dialled in at the end of qualifying and I didn't feel comfortable to be consistant without more track time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 281 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.6%