RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Simon Trendell said:
I'm on my way guys, been swamped this evening

Edit: Gary, yea me. But I've missed alot of practice & quali so I'll advocate.

If advocate means your not too bothered in daft peoples langauge,,then your saving me from an awkard situation,,,i owe ya one buddy :thumb:.

(but just say the word and your space will be made)

Did about 10 mins of the race then hit a wall because the front tyres had no grip at all - front left was at around 120 deg constantly. Broke the splitter off so i just thought sod it and left there as there was no way i would make that time back up as 10 mins later the tyres would be dead again. Wouldn't have had the problem if they had hard compound tyres like they had in GTR2.

What a blast the mini's are.

Qualy went well, I though I had pole with a 202.1, and with about 30 secs left Marcel turned in a blistering 201.9. 2nd at start.

Race 1, kept my position at the start, but in the first high speed left hander, shifted to fourth instead of sixth. Lol - resulting in a wall hit, suspension damage and in 4th place after that. later that lap Marcel hit the wall, causing a slight pile up for Tim and I, but I came out in 2nd about 10 sec. back from Yves. At about 8 -9 laps into it I had the gap to 8 secs. but couldn't hold it and ended 11 sec. back in 2nd.

Race 2, not a great start, and then suprising early pressure from Yves sort of woke me up a bit. I will post a pick of our three mini wide turn, and notice no hitting:). Unfortunate for Tim to hit the wall 1st lap, but he really showed great improvement in a short time. I couldn't quite keep Yves's pace and fell to about 5 secs. behind him in the end in 3rd. Not many guys but it was a fun event. See you next time and here is the pic.

Attachments

• minisvara.jpg
    minisvara.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 162
Thanx to Gary and RD!!!

Guys, first of all I would like to say: BEST First lap I have seen in a while. I did not notice any incidents and this is in cars we are not so comfortable with(yet). As for the race, for me it was a bit hard I am struggling with the fps so it doesn't feel smooth enough. My steering wheel leet go of my desk after the pit and it allmost ended my race and ramon's (Did you notice that?) Overal racing was awesome and I only managed to bump 1 person which I was lapping. Sorry C. Noble for that last minute blocking in the chicane...

PS. Gary set up another event ASAP :p

Since the last USA events went so well for me, especially Vara i couldn't resist on entering this one

Name on RD forum: Marcel vd Aa
Name in game:
Marcel vd Aa
Your Country: The Netherlands
Car: Seat
Special remarks:Will step aside if needed

• Andrew Evans

yup, i agree... real good fun... i even managed to finish, which doesn't happen too often in an enduro... :wink:

pootled around at the mid-to-back with my usual companions... had a nice challenge towards the end, trying to get back stephane after inadvertently letting him through with someone who was lapping me...

fuel readings were dodgy (as is with some add-on tracks) and a hasty calculation just before the start found me running out of fuel just past t1 after the chequered flag... talk about cutting it fine!... and i had to drive the entire last lap like a little old lady to conserve it :)

couldn't get my rear tyres above mid-70s... but i think i'm finally getting a handle on the setup and tyre wear thing....

also - this track is sexy!

cheers guys...

• Lu Chan

many fun tonight. good fight with Lee Downham.
But I forgot fuel.:pound:Next time i join again.
congrats Gary and finish menber. Thanks Gary & RD :thumb:

Absolutly fantastic race guys.

As Nils stated first lap was clean and i hope to see this happen more often.
Qualified 10th, had a good start lost 1 place i believe.
After a few laps Nigel and me were in a good fight untill i screwed up and bumped Nigel off track.
I'm real sorry m8 and i hope i didn't mess up your race.
After this i was 15th and i just kept my own pace which in the end brought me 9th place...did my pitstop after about twenty minutes and it worked like a charm...but there was this fuel thingie which didn't seem to add up, must be due to the add-on track

Thank you Gary & RD for setting this up.

I have to say it was a fantastic race. The quality of driving was extremely high (woot from premium races). I did not see any major incidents that tend to happen in the majority of races and I was very happy with the result.

I ran 88L of fuel and stopped with 20 mins to go, filled with 1L and new tires. It helped a lot and gained me 3rd place in the end.

Grats to Gary and Ramon. Also an even bigger thanks to Gary for organising a great race as there have been a recent lack of GT car races imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%