RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

For me it was great race up until the time to pit!
Lights are out, slammed first gear in! got away nicely but not the fastest after my tinkering with the gears in the pits. Into T1 got into it clean watching my right hand side as i was safely through watching the fight between the top4!
That chicane thing - First accident i saw which also caught me out slightly with a car darting across my front I twitch right! hitting the front of the car giving me suspension trouble the whole race that was slowing me down if i wasnt already slow.
There i was in L1 in 5-6th battling drivers watching th leaders battle aswell! and was happy to drop to 7th if it meant i finished there.
Then came the lap coming to the pits: lap 11 i saved this for at which point with a damaged car my car couldnt touch an apex. so i came in and nicely shown in a picture above by @Björn Golda (im the light blue car). I took 4 new tyres but no suspension fix and left but unfortunatley got overtaken in the pits dropping me to 6th again (or was it 7th) but i was happy with 7th.
The Outlap: After my pit this is where all went wrong. It happened at that chicane thing where i was use to my car not turning, i went and turned and cut the corner a fair amount getting me a stop and go so when i did the penalty i got out and did exactly the same thing just ruining my race being miles behind, was now having a bit of a battle with @Dennis Phelan which was great but led me onto my 3rd penalty which shouldn't have been ending my race putting me in 11th or something like that.

Fun race, need to make less mistakes, and maybe have a little more practice with suspension set up with that car.
10/10 race though

Heya @Luis Couto, welcome to RD!

In order to participate in our events, you'll first need a license, available for free over here - no worries, it shouldn't take too long and you'll very likely be able to make this event :)

In terms of what to install - I'd suggest just installing everything Race07-related that you own, as we're using many of the addons. For this event in particular, you're going to need the base game, the "Race On" addon and the WTCC 2010 addon as all WTCC cars will be available.
After installing those and/or everything else, you can still simply launch the base game as it will recognize all installed addons and automatically add their content.

######

On a not that unrelated note, I'm in - will it be the Lada yet again? Is it going to be a Seat comeback? Or maybe both? Who knows... ;)

(late) EDIT: Turns out the Lada blows the (07) Seat out of the water, kinda surprised about it, but oookay then, Lada time!

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201501):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

I.. think that's the one added in the last update?

BTW, I wasn't seeing your MovieGo skin in yesterday's Mini race, are you using any kind of different version (different pack, WIP version, personal copy)? Better make sure to select the one from the RD pack if you want us to see a green Mini blasting away ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%