RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hhmm not much people did a lap this week. do you like to change something on the format guys to make it more interesting?
If so feedback is always appreciated

How about limiting the cars to 1 per class?

I know it sounds counterintuitive but hear me out - I did a few laps but didn't know about the 'only shows your best time per class' thing until middle of the week - did what I thought was an absolute melter in the 914, but it was slower than my 906 time so it got ignored - that way we can't be overwriting our old times.

Having 1 TC65, 1 GTC65, 1 GTC76 - all laps will count, plus you could specify cars that might not get an outing that often...

Do we really need to prove the Panteras the fastest any more?

dlmdtu.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RANK
Class: WTCC 2006/07
Track: Puebla Special (with grip :))
Weather: Dry
Hotlap mode enabled
Notes:

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

You can check your times at http://timing.racedepartment.com

Good luck!

Well that was amazing racing last night. I was absolutely beaming :D.

Had a bad qualy, couldnt even beat my practice time so I gave it up as a bad job and went for a brew :) 15th of 19.

Well Ill keep this breif since I could go on forever. After a few early exchanges with Paulo and Lee I settled in behind Neil. I was stuck to him for what seemed like an eternity. Im sure that mini is a foot wider than mine. I did at one point pass but after a short excursion to cut the grass I was behind again. Finally after more than 20 laps I got past and stayed past.

I had a few second buffer either side approaching the pit window so concetrated on keeping my lines clean for as long as I could, but it was hard as the time behind Neil had been very draining. I had initially planned to go to around lap 40 in the hopes of having new boots on a light car near the end, but I was losing time so I decided it was time to hit the reset button and dived in around lap 33/34. returned in 9th behind Adrian, Pascal, and Lee.

After many laps behind Adrian I made a move on the inside and got through but not as fast as I'd have like, Adrina came accross into my side with quite a bump so I let him back through on the straight as the pass didnt really have a clean feeling to it. I made the same pass shortly after which went much better :)

I was now up to 7th which from 15th was very pleasing, but then for added bonus things conspired to give me a shot at more places. (things being Neil on his shredded tires :D) with 10 to go were were bunched up, 5 cars nose to tail and set for a thrilling end. I was in a BVM sadwhich with MH and Lee either side, and Bob not far in front. I passed MH shortly after and Bob and Lee's comming together handed me 2 more places. Unlucky lads, so close to the end, a real shame cos the racing was top with you guys.

Rolled home in 5th from 15th, a race that will be firmly planted in the job well done memories box for me.

Here we go with the backslapping! :) cheers to Lee, Neil, Paulo, and Bob for pushing me all the way in the most gentlemanly of fashions, thus restoring my condfidence in my ability and brightning the outloook for future races :) :thumb:

Thanks to Andrew for his tireless work once more and RD for hostin gof course :)

ps. this really was the short version :D

I keep looking at this as its such a fantastically lovely and spicy idea :good: ... I REALLY want to sign up, but don't think I can make it :sad:

When is final decision time Andrew?

Also: as the countdown timer is not working, it might be good to give each track a specific number of laps ... at a guess and purely from memory (with roundings :D), 15 mins on each track would mean something like this I think (please correct me where my old fading brain has failed me though eh?):

Detroit 1988 - 8 or 9 laps
Singapore GP 2008 - 9 laps??
Houston 2007 - 15 laps
Monaco 1988 - 10 laps

server 2

practice. only managed to get a few laps in before practice started. even though i now the track layout i was quite of the top 10.

qualify. i used Kierans quali setup and did a 14.5, but somthing still felt wrong and my split times showed that i could do a 14.1 or lower. then the penny dropped i still had my wheel rotation @200deg doh!!!
with only 6mins to go i took the gamble of resetting it and rejoined with 3 mins to go but stuffed up my 1 flying lap (stupid game, why isent it like rFactor :(

Race. started 18th, 1st 6 laps were pretty intense. after i got past Max and Dan i started closing on Paulo who was having a bad hair day, shame about that love having a battle with old prib.
with dave and neil next in line i tried to close with out pushing to hard, but shortly i had the flying Bob growing in my mirors which spured me on a bit and soon we was a group of 4.
pitted on lap 32 but had neil right behind me and couldnt remember my pitin button, so tried to stay tight in the final turn but stuffed up my pit entry and drove into the back of the safty car oppps, to make things worse i over shot my pit and had to reverse twice, so what should have been a quick tyre change and 12L of fuel turned into a disaster.
with over 10 secs to Bob and only 2 cars behind me i expected the last half to be a bit boring, but then i realised Mtommi must have had a worser pitstop but he was soon on my tail, great fun trying to keep him behind. unfortunatly exiting T1 he got along side not ralising how close he was i took my line for T2 which squeed him onto the grass so i slowed to let him recover and catch back up, so after another few laps of fending him off he got along side going to T2 this time i gave him more room and he edged past me 2 turns later, great battle mate shame i couldnt live with your extra speed.
with 2 laps to go i saw neil was struggling and on the last lap was right on his tail, but the cany wee scott had it coverd and held me off :highfive:

Thanks to Andy for setting up and to RD for hosting :dance2:

Thank you for the event Andrew, Im not bothered what server i go in and when I asked I was only joking. Its a shame you havnt got motivation to race in your own event but I would be miffed with all the moaners. Guys Andrew sets up the event, he doesnt have to but he does and tries to give everybody a chance to race by setting up 2 servers. If you dont like what server andrew puts you in then dont sign up. But why you would have a problem with that I dont no. Just enjoy it.

Again thanks Andrew and RD and well done to podium and winners.

• Andrew Evans

When is final decision time Andrew?

it's fairly casual, since we're not gonna fill out... i could sign you up and you can join the later races, if you can make them... let me know....

as for the laps, i'll always let the room know how many it's gonna be, in absence of the countdown... nay worries :D

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose
  2. Rob Goldthorpe
  3. Stefan Beemsterboer
  4. Simon Holland
  5. Bob Miley
  6. Michael Herrmann
  7. Gary Lennon
  8. Dan Coldrick
  9. Max-Yvan Liegrace
  10. Driver
  11. Driver