RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Oh, that's due to having them all enabled - even if you're not driving them yourself, others might, and R07 (like pretty much all older games, I assume... and Assetto..) requires everyone to own all packs running on the server :)

Nice to have a few more drivers in for a race.

Though I was so close to being competitive I messed myself out of the races by spinning John and having to wait in R1 and then didn't press the clutch down to 110% before the start and got a SnG killing R2. I think I'm going to put a deadzone in the clutch!

Disaster race!!

Was running a good pace in practice and qualifying, then made a catastrophic mistake on lap 4. I got a tank slapper on the penultimate turn, couldn't correct the car and ended up in the inside barrier.

What's worse, I had picked up a puncture and just missed the pit lane entry!! I limped round another painfuly slow lap before pitting, then set about reducing the time deficit to the cars in front.

After almost 20 solitary laps, I was fast closing in on the battling John Grant and Reggie Snr.... then got told to make a compulsory pit stop, now realizing that my first stop was obviously taken before the pit window :mad:

On fresh tires I was chasing down hard, but probably needed another 5 laps to make up the time lost in the second pit stop.

All in all, not my night :(

Anyway - well raced everyone. Congrats to Reggie.

Shame it was such a sparse grid today. This would have been a nice track with at least 10+ drivers. Either way was still a fun day.

Qualify:
Managed to be quick enough in qualifying to start 2nd on the grid.

Race:
Forgot to put the car in gear (AGAIN) dropping me to the back of the pack. Managed to get around Grant through the first set of turns putting me up in 5th. A mistake by Reggie Snr. up into 4th. Graduated up to 3rd thanks to a mistake by Kevin on lap 4. Had to fight hard to get around to @Dennis Phelan who did a great job of blocking me EVERY TIME I got a run on him. Finally managed to out race him down the straight grabbing the inside of turn 1. Once I got around him started building up some distance and remarkably started eating away @Reggie Blain lead. Lap 14 caught to much of the curb on the right left and took long enough to recover that Dennis reclaimed second. Saw Dennis dive into the pits and decided to follow suit since I had just spun. Decided to go 4 tires but didn't pay off. Came out of the pits in 3rd and managed to hold on to the end of the race. Only 6 racers but I'm pretty happy to have a podium :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%