RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

The server is up for testing, please give it a good workout, since it is a newly released track.

I have given it a brief run and all worked ok.

I can assure you that you will have a ball with this event, this track is made to order for these Camaro's. I wish I could join you.

• Andrew Evans

i like the sound of this - was only running watkins glen the other night when testing summat in rF!... however, have got GTL on the way... and if gets here by tomorrow then i'm gonna try and run in the GTL race... so i'll stick myself on the reserve list for now... :thumb:

• Dallas Willms

I could possibly have had network problems last night then, was anyone else seeing me as laggy?

I know I'm WELL over my bandwidth limit for the month, so my ISP might be being dumb. On the other hand it still may have just been a computer issue, I dunno.

Yep, warning to everyone, it seems to use more fuel than is indicated by the setup. I did a few laps on the server to test it, and noticed it guzzled the fuel.
I had a ball in the few testing laps, including my first attempt at a superpole lol. Now I know how that works. :)
I did a 1.20.00 neat, don't know if that was any good but it felt ok, considering that I had no idea about setup. Good thing about this car class is that very little setup change is available so it should be close racing.

I wish I was available for this race, very different and lots of grin factor.
Have fun everyone. :yo:

Well first off I would like to say that I really enjoyed the track selection these last couple Tuesdays. RoadOne and Le Mas Duclos both have a great flow to them and made for very enjoyable laps.

Qual: Had to pick a friend up on short notice so I missed all of practice and part of qualifying - I was running low 1:20.xx in practice the night before but couldn't quite find that pace in this session - settling for a low 1:21 leaving me in P5.

Race 1: Started off well; I had rare speed off the starting line and there were no calamities in through the first few turns, so I was able to hold my qual position. Coming into the first hairpin everyone was taking it relatively easy, which was good to see. Then something happened where I got into the back of Dallas which in turn sent Marcel off into the gravel - in realtime I had no indication I had hit Dallas in the rear quarter - it was a pretty hard hit according to the replay so I should have had pretty severe feedback, but I had nothing. Maybe one or both of us were lagging :/ But I apologize again to Marcel. After that I spent the first half of the race trying to chase down Dallas for P2 with Yves stalking me from P4. Ryan checked out and I almost forgot he was up there (too fast for me :) ). Coming into the final sweeper in one of the middle laps Dallas lost it on the downhill and went flying off the track leaving me to fend for myself against Yves. I was able to hold him off pretty successfully until about lap 9 - All of a sudden I saw I was coming up on Ryan very quick (he apparently had an offroad excursion) and as I was trying to slide as he re-entered the track he slammed the door shut and and I had to come to almost a complete stop. This allowed Yves to sneak past me, albeit it briefly :) The bimmer's rear end let him down on the exit of the following turn and he spun off into the grass, and I tried to run a hobbled Ryan down to take P1. Unfortunately that emergency stop ruined my tires and I was skating all over the final lap and a half and could not quite make up the difference. Pretty satisfied with a P2, but now sad about the first lap incident :(

Race 2: Started in P7 and moved up to mid-pack after turn 1. Everything seemed to stay clean again until the first hairpin when someone got pushed off again (thankfully not my fault this time). Settled in behind Ryan and Marcel who were again cruising along nicely. Ryan had some excitement at lap 2 or 3 in turn 1 and cruised through the grass allowing Marcel and I to get by, and that's how it stayed the rest of the race. I drove sloppily in the middle laps desperately trying to shave a few tenths off the 2 sec. gap Marcel had on me, but he had me matched. I put it into cruise control the last half of the race to preserve tires, but saw Ryan come out of nowhere behind me and then had to re-group and push for the last lap and a half :) Finished P2 with a quick Marcel in front and a charging Ryan behind in P3.

Great races guys, sorry for your bad luck tonight Yves :( Keep up the great work on track selection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 238 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%